• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Survival Spearfishing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

_memento

Jun 9, 2003
I am very passionate about playing survival games. Up until now I've only done it in the mountains.

Still, I have this ideea involving a deserted beach a good 10-15 miles away from anything and anyone, two or three tents, a boat, fishing and spearfishing equipement. It would be wonderful, as there is much more to eat in the sea than just fish. The only problem I have come across is drinking water. Except for bringing along supplies for 5-6 days...what can be done?

Bring some metal pipe, several big bowls. If there is firewood on the island, you can distill your own water. You boil the sea water, and trap the vapours, passing them through a metal pipe. The metal pipe winds (corkscrews) around and around while under cool sea water in another big bowl. This causes the steam to re-condense as fresh water.

Practice the setup before you need to survive with it!

Hiya

Try taking a big plastic sheet with. (those silver thermal blankets works as well!!). Spread it out overnight, and it'll capture dew. There'll be enough water to keep you alive!!!

Regards
miles

that plastic sheet things works provided you have a high humidity environment, it works here in the Middle east (UAE - Dubai) during the hot humid months thats June July and August.

If you are going to have your survival thinng in a dry environment, i would stick to the distled water technique.

By the way, i know the millitary have tablets that you drop into just about any water, and it becomes drinking water, see if you can get a hold of them tablets...

N.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT