• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Suunto Dive Manager

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

samdive

Mermaid, Musician and Marketer
Nov 12, 2002
Does anyone use Suunto Dive Manager to upload the dives from their Stinger?

Is it worth paying about £50 for?

Sam

There are DIY tutorials over the net on how to make those interfaces, though you need to know some electronics for that.
You can also buy those home made ones off of e-bay for much less than 50GBP or 100$ the original ones cost.

Saw them working, never used one.

EDIT: oops, you were talking about another gadget. :eek:

Last edited:
Originally posted by DeepThought
There are DIY tutorials over the net on how to make those interfaces, though you need to know some electronics for that.
You can also buy those home made ones off of e-bay for much less than 50GBP or 100$ the original ones cost.

Saw them working, never used one.

EDIT: oops, you were talking about another gadget. :eek:

do you have any of those links dude?

I use it and for me it is worth it.

The software can be downloaded for free. What you pay for is just the interface that Suunto sells.

You could download the divemanager software for free from the suunto website and see how it works. The dive planner function will give you an idea of what you can expect from uploaded data from your stinger before you buy or build an interface for your stinger. Then you can decide for yourself if you think it is worth buying or building the interface.

I've found it great for scuba, since it makes logging your dives accurately very easy.

Haven't found much use for it in freediving. Logging every dive would be just insane and the only valuable information that I can imagine from looking at the graphs is locating the "bottlenecks" of a cw dive. Things like too slow descent etc. are clearly visible, but this should have very little interest to anyone but competitive divers.

It is a nice toy though, enables you to print nice graphs of your record dives and show them to your friends who are gasping in awe.

If anyone has some constructive ideas how to use that data, I'd be more than glad to hear!

Murat, sorry, I didn't find any of the tutorilas on my computer, not sure what I did with them.
All I did was to google 'suunto interface' or 'mosquito interface' (maybe with 'DIY'). There were quite a few links and designs, most interfaces work the same way (cobra, stinger whatever).
Try searching, if you won't then I'll look it up for you.

With your engineering knowledge you should be able to make one in 30mins (so did some other engineering student told me).
For layman as I, it seems too complicated, I have no knowledge in electronics.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT