• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sven's got wood!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

icarus pacific

Human-in-training
Nov 7, 2001
Those of you out there that yearn to own an Alexander, Merlo, Heinrich, Svenski or similar big, blue water cannon but can't get past the $1000 price tag, I'm here for ya!

Fresh out of the clamps and ready for you to whittle on is this unbelievably choice teak/purple heart gunstock. Dead-nuts straight and made of six month seasoned, dry and clear teak and purple heart hardwoods. Laminated with West epoxy, vaccuum bagged and clamped at 7 tons, this stuff is beyond cool!:cool:

Teak mainbody with harder purple heart at the shaft slot and full thickness sidestocks. Balls to the wall pretty!

65" long, 2-3/8 x2-3/8 at the rear, 2-3/8 x 1-1/2" and coming in at a svelte 10 pounds, this stock is ready for you to save serious ducats by doing the easy stuff like figuring where you want the trigger, line release, handle and band slot; I've done the hard parts for ya! :king If 65" is too long, hack it down, it's all done! Set up for a mid handle with a real trigger from Alexander, Daryl Wong or Bill Kitto. Stand by to launch!

And because I'm that kinda guy, I've even milled the dovetail shaped track for you, right down the center, so you can fit your 3/4" x3/4" Delrin or other UHMW track material from Mc Master-Carr right on in. Who's the sultan eh? ;)

And get this- all this smoothness for a measly $100 and some stamps.

Lob me a mail for more info.

Last edited:
Hey Ich-arus, what's up with the flat section to the left in the first picture?

Originally posted by Rolando
Svenaldo:D

Si mon. I learned in rehab :mute that having a nickname bestowed on you by your peers is a sign of acceptance. Muchos, Rolo. (Now that I'm a closet Cuban, will my Latina percentage go up? :p )

Harold- That's a 400 pound slab of ambon, a relative of teak, from Timor off a tree that was harvested in the late 1800's. :cool: It's 12' long, 40" wide and 4" thick. Can you spell conference table? :king Hey, is def there with you? It's going down from the 10'swell/2' viz and this wknd might be do-able. Send me a email.

Last edited:
Originally posted by icarus pacific
Si mon. I learned in rehab :mute that having a nickname bestowed on you by your peers is a sign of acceptance. Muchos, Rolo. (Now that I'm a closet Cuban, will my Latina percentage go up? :p )

Harold- That's a 400 pound slab of ambon, a relative of teak, from Timor off a tree that was harvested in the late 1800's. :cool: It's 12' long, 40" wide and 4" thick. Can you spell conference table? :king Hey, is def there with you? It's going down from the 10'swell/2' viz and this wknd might be do-able. Send me a email.

Actually I meant the flat section of stock ;)

But the lesson on Ambon is nice too :D

I'll check work for the weekend & get back to you. Def is up north about an hour from me, but right on the way to sonoma/mendocino.

Oh that flat piece... uh that's the front of the gun.

This stock is a block right now, as in it's not been tapered, shaved or extensively rounded over, excepting the chamfer at the top, along it's length. That's why it's $100. The purple heart sidestocks end where they do so when you cut or sand the side-taper in it, it'll give a nice contrast along it's length and not make it too nose heavy.

Is the purple heart like teak in that it only has to be oiled? If not what kind of finish do you suggest.

Thje purple heart can be oiled or coated with epoxy after the gun is shaped and finished. The oil on there now is a light coating just to keep any moisture from getting it's way while someone fingers out what a screamin' deal this is.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT