• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sven's latest survivor

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

icarus pacific

Human-in-training
Nov 7, 2001
Taking some well thought out advice from his galpal, Db's own defothecrown, you may know him as Chris, decided that driving across Wisconsin, North Dakota and Nevada didn't suck enough :t and called your own Sultan of Smooth for the 411 in the 707.

And seeing as how I needed to warm up some rib damage before the next weeks Ab Grab, I made the call and off we went. Def, er, Chris arrived with gear for warmer climes than the balmy 54F water here, but made up for it with his much-modified JBL .38 Special :cool: and a serious desire to see the sights.

The guy has skillz. Flat out a good diver, though he shares Jay and my theory of "same day, same ocean..." He took off of the beach and just like I do with tall, blonde, single Mothers, he went down and rooted! :p Having a bunch of experience in crap viz helped him in the pretty good 15 feet we had and the rest of my time was spent towing the floats and watching him have fun. Damn ribs...:crutch

He joins a select few that have my number. Here he is with his abalone, a veeery decent black rockfish and a rock scallop that made the mistake of letting me see it. Hey, I wasn't hurting that bad.;) Nice job, Chris.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oldsarge
East coast or West coast DB members represent!!!Whats the air temp up there like this time of year?

The best part of the diving didn't make the photo. Saw at least a half dozen types of life for the first time includding lings, china rockfish, 2' diameter 30-legged purple starfish, and my first marine mammal under water- a harbour seal.

Got a nice history lesson about diving Norcal, who's gotten bitten, where not to get bitten, the proper way to eat raw scallop in the parking lot, Guernville CA. 1920-present, etc...

By the way Sven the gun I was talking about is a us divers sea hunter... heard of 'em? Saw they were talking about it in another post. Thanks for the tour, now I'll have to grab that 10"er next week and just act like I've been there before.

No, no, i'm behind that funny looking guy in the photo w/ my mimetic suit, fins, abalone iron and, mask. The one on the left w/ red eye (wish I knew photoshop).

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT