• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Question Swam a lap underwater

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Clos-1986

Aug 9, 2019
Hello everyone!

For starters I’ve never done any kinda of diving until about 2 months ago I went snorkeling for the very first time in Cancun. After my first time I wanted to try snorkeling in my area.. there are a lot of rivers and Lakes with pretty clean water so I thought about doing some snorkeling with my son..However doing research on that subject on YouTube I discovered freediving..Idk why but i am kinda obsessed with the thought of doing it.. Anywho I have some small fins and a mask and practiced a little in our cummunity pool.. my sessions where very mild and not intense. Yesterday I went free diving at one of our rivers and just explored a little nothing really deep no deeper than 10ft my guess.. I found some nice sun glasses in the process too. So well today I had un urge to get back in the water and went to the pool. I worked on my duck dive and just trying to get more comfortable in the water. Before knowing how dangerous this could be I went a head and tried to swim a lap under water and did it.. I failed my first attempt but during second one I just relaxed for a long time and tried to keep my face down and tried to be relaxed as possible.. I felt the urge to breath but I was so close and kept on trucking till I finished the lap.. I didn’t feel really bad but i was sucking in air when i surfaced this was also done with no fins. i later started to search how long a lap was and if it’s a good goal to achieve but during my search I found out doing what I did can be dangerous and I could’ve blacked out and drowned.. Dying is Not my goal but I have no friends that are adventurous enough to try to train or freedive.. I’ve talked to some dive shops here in San Antonio and from what they have told me is free diving hasn’t really taken off.. what workouts can I do in the pool that are not dangerous but can improve my diving skills..I’d like to get good enough to free dive cenotes (sink holes exposing under ground river) near Cancun.. any tips would be great thanks!!

Take a course. It will be safe and you will learn the proper techniques. Absolutely worth the money and time.

Reactions: maybebrent
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT