• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Swedish Dahab event - Update

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Swedish Dahab Event

Sebastian, Lotte & Bevan: congratulations!

Excellent story w/ great reporting and photos.
Good points about the safety divers and the technical details.
Thanks, Chris Engelbrecht.

Reactions: CEngelbrecht
Dream is over!

Here I am back in the office in Munich, Germany. These 2 weeks were terrific. When I left Munich 2 weeks ago with my wife and 3 kids to Dahab for 2 weeks of vacation I had no clue about the great experience it would be...

Time management wasn't easy: Get up at 7, wait for the taxi to the blue hole, that was always late. Dive until about 1pm, get a taxi back south to baby fish and spend the rest of the day as a normal (not freediving) family at the beach...

Peter (Lottas husband) and Caroline (my wife) exchanged their experiences of being married to freedivers: "You must be crazy to be a freediver, but even more if you are married to one!"

It was so much fun to dive with all of you. How many nations were involved? Sweden, Danmark, South Africa, Egypt (of course), Spain, Argentina, Italy, Hungary, Germany/Brazil...
32°C air, 23°C water, 30-40 meters visibility and the common affinity to water... all ingredients for an unforgetable time.

Thanks to all of you: Peter, Lotta, Mika, Sebastian, Chris (who I finally got to know personally), Bevan (thanks for the valueble training tips), Eusebio, Monica (thanks for the unforgetable dolphin images) and of course a special thank to Happy (the dolphin) for the increadible dives and to Caroline for her patience at shore.

Hope to dive with you again some day!

Philipp

Last night I was sitting with Sebastian & Mikael and lock at the the Video with Mikaels 90m Dive.
The material is exelent and scary!!!

Chris:
I know now what you mean with Tareks "helped hand".

This material must i some way be online so that everybody can se it & learn.

Lambis

Last pics from Dahab

To finish off the thread I'll provide some more pics from the Dahab event. First a really nice one of Tarek and Mikael. It's maybe a little cheesy with the mishap of the sled and all, but at the same time it had to be taken and it's a good pic to bring out in twenty years from now, telling the old story.

Attachments

• omarhurtigsmall.jpg
    omarhurtigsmall.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 283
I'm quite proud of this one of Bevan.
(Bevan, if you want to use this for Elios or similar, it's yours free of charge. I can get you a better version without the writing.)

Attachments

• bevandewarsmall.jpg
    bevandewarsmall.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 286
And to finally honor those who should be honored, here's the man himself: Mister Peter, hard-working freediving husband to Lotta.
(Thanks for the diarrhea pills, Pete.)

Attachments

• peterericsonsmall.jpg
    peterericsonsmall.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 282
Again very well done Lotta, the deepest Swede ever!

Thanks all for sharing this with us that wasn’t there, and great pictures. It was a great way to follow this. And thanks Lotta for remembering my aquatic achievements : ), done at a more modest depth, 4meter ; ).

Mia

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT