• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Swedish static record attempt - Tord Bergelin

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

CEngelbrecht

Oct 31, 2002
Hello,
I am here in Dahab along with Mikael Hurtig, and we were interested in knowing how Tord Bergelin's Swedish static record attempt set for today April 18th went? We havgen't found anything through other sources, so we try here.
Any Swedish freedivers hanging out here who knows?

Regards,
Chris Engelbrecht,
Currently residing in Dahab, Egypt

Reactions: stevevidar and Erik
One of the judges reported today that Tord got up OK at 5'44''. No new record obviosly.

I wish Tord luck the next time!

I was there. Tord got up very very easy att 5'44''.
Its loock like he have more reserves.
I am training with Tord and he have the last month constant over 6 min in training passes.
I am sure that in a better day he can break the Swedish Record.

Reactions: stevevidar
Update on the Swedish Dahab attempts

For those interested, the Dahab event saw its first official Swedish record attempt today. Lotta Ericson was trying to beat the Swedish static record for women, currently 6'05, but after five attempts (including break for a sugar lunch) her best time was 5'18 (and don't think she didn't try!). She'll be trying again tomorrow early, we'll try to keep you informed (if time permits, etc.).
Later in this week and the following week, both Lotta and Mikael Hurtig will be trying for Swedish records in no limits, and Sebastian Naslund along with Lotta will be going for the Free Immersion records. Mikael has brought his own home-made sled and it works perfectly (I personally tested it, grinning all the way). Both Mikael and Lotta have managed 72 meters so far in training in the Blue Hole with the sled, and Sebastian have managed 61 meters in free immersion in training. The official deep water attempts are set to the dates 25th, 26th, 27th and 28th. We'll see how it turns out.

Regards,
Chris Engelbrecht,
Judging the attempts

Chris,
It's sure a pitty that Lotta didn't fully mannage today even though she has the capabilities to do so (I have personally seen her passing 7 minutes at training). I guess we just have to cross our fingers for her and hope that she will fulfill her other attemps with health and success.

//Malin through Lambi

Congratulations Lotta,

Little over an hour ago Lotta made 6.11 static in Dahab Egypt. The record still has to be confirmed by AIDA, then this will be a new Swedish record for Lotta. Grattis Lotta well done. Wish I was down there and cold celebrate with you, your the best : ).

Mia

Reactions: stevevidar
Grattis Lotta

We celebrate with you when you come back in Sweden.

I NEW IT. Lotta has the ability to go very deep and hold the
breath any longer. It was only a matter of time

Lambis

DAHAB Swedish freediving record attempts.

Lotta did a second attempt today. Lotta left husband and child and checked in alone in a nice hotel to have some peace and quite.

Did two breath ups and finished her first and only attempt at 6.11.

Tired but deemed OK by both judges. Final aproval awaits by aidasweden.

NO-LIMIT training has now reached 78 meters by Lotta today. Mikael experienced some equalization problems at 76.

Tomorrow all athletes will do a freediving show for the Governor of South Sinai.

A show including myself compeeting against Lotta in simultaneous Static.

Sebastian
judge and athlete in Dahab

I hope everything is going like paln down there

Sebastian we cross fingers for all the follow attempts

Greatings to Lotta & Micke

Lambis

Swedish NOL

Picture attached.

Attachments

• lottanolpressbild.jpg
    lottanolpressbild.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 286
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT