• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Switching blade to a different foot pocket size

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Danto

Nov 14, 2021
Hello everyone. I am very new to all this but a good deal nearby has popped up and I have a very particular question. I have the mares razor pro size 7/8. Can I can buy a Mares razor matrix on a size 5.5/6.5 used take the fins off and put them in my 7/8 size razor pockets without having to make more holes in them?

Thank you, Marco and Mr. Mako they were indeed both identical in holes placement. Got my fins and did a practice run putting them together on the bigger foot pocket already. I did the best I could aligning the blade and I THINK I got it right, it's my first-time switching blades. The video was helpful but of course I managed to get stuck for a little, every time I put the foot pocket arms on, the holes would misalign by the time I was done getting the arms on the rails, pushing in a little on the blade as I put the rails on with the other arm fixed that problem. I could have put the back plate and screws first I guess, but I want to keep it apart till I get to my destination. I wanted to see if I could do it at all myself if I had to, but not go all the way right away and break something.

The fins seem pretty sweet the only difference between these and the pros foot pocket wise is that these come with double back plates. I barely got to use my plastic razor pros they look brand new still, but for 100 bucks it was too hard to pass up the deal even though I wasn't looking. I've been going through them with a damn magnifying glass trying to find something wrong with them. :LOL:

Well, here's my alignment job on the bigger foot pocket, I don't know how perfect they have to be, hopefully I don't horrify anyone.

Attachments

• fins.jpg
    fins.jpg
    896.3 KB · Views: 204
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT