• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Switzerland, Fiesch and surroundings

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

sanso

Maker of Educators
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Hey everyone,

I'll be in Fiesch Sep. 7 - 11. Is there any body of water near that I can jump in?
I know, there's the thing going on in Zurich, but I won't be able to go on the 8th :( - But if there's anything near Fiesch - well that would just be way cool!

And is anyone there that would like to do the same and needs a buddy?

I will have a car and am equipped for any kind of cold water - Bring it on!

The biggest Problem with the mountains is that they're not at sea level...

I just found Lake Gibidum (Stausee) near Naters and Brig - anyone want to come? Likely date would be monday, 10th September

Some more info on the possible spots:
  • Fiesch: Eggishorn Tourismus - 3984 Fiesch
  • Märjelensee: [ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=m%C3%A4rjelensee&sll=46.435727,8.087654&sspn=0.056076,0.05785&ie=UTF8&ll=46.435668,8.09186&spn=0.056076,0.05785&t=h&z=14&om=1"]märjelensee - Google Maps[/ame]
  • Gibidum reservoir: [ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=fiesch,ch&ie=UTF8&ll=46.36997,8.008347&spn=0.034231,0.058365&t=h&z=14&iwloc=addr&om=1"]fiesch,ch - Google Maps[/ame]
  • (For Switzerland fairly) cheap accomodation: Sport- und Feriencenter Fiesch
I'll be Driving from Konstanz (de) on Friday the 7th and returning on Tuesday, the 11th with two seats available in the car.

Hi Sanso, welcome to Switzerland!
Fiesch is in the middle of a high alpine region. No freediving there. We know these alpine lakes - all poor viz. Sorry. But if you stay for longer you might want to contact the club des dauphins in Geneva - with Christian Maldamé, Nicolas Guerry and William Winram there are world class freedivers training there (although they are probably in Egypt then). Another possibility would be to contact the freedivers of Ticino (Igor Liberti).
Good luck and enjoy the alps!
Pat

Hi Sanso, welcome to Switzerland!
Fiesch is in the middle of a high alpine region. No freediving there. We know these alpine lakes - all poor viz. Sorry. But if you stay for longer you might want to contact the club des dauphins in Geneva - with Christian Maldamé, Nicolas Guerry and William Winram there are world class freedivers training there (although they are probably in Egypt then). Another possibility would be to contact the freedivers of Ticino (Igor Liberti).
Good luck and enjoy the alps!
Pat

Hey Pat,

too bad about those lakes - doesn't make any sense to want to go diving there? Or should I bring my stuff to at least have seen (or not seen much of) them once?
I'll only be there for four days because my girlfriend has a Conference on the Fiescher Alp, so I won't be going far away from there. Some two and bit hours drive to Geneva I consider too much. :girlie
I live right on the swiss border, though. We might get together some other time; what do You say?

if you're there for 4 days only just relax and enjoy the beautiful Swiss alps (hiking is great) :)
I started to prepare for the WC now, I don't train in the lakes anymore though. Too cold, too bad viz. But there is a bunch of people training in the lakes of Zurich, Neuchatel and Geneva at the moment. Sept 8th 2007 there is the Swiss Championship in deep diving in Zurich, if you want to join them contact Marco.
Yours
Pat

Ah, well, I'll just go climbing then or something..
I learned about the Championship only after this trip was planned... It's too bad I can't come!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT