• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Tables

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Josh

Sep 24, 2004
I need some help. I have seen pictures of little three ring binders with the variuous no-stop, and deco. tables in them. Anyone know who makes them? Do they have one with different tables in it? (ie. Navy, Bulhman air, etc.) Thanks for your help.

I would skip any tables on binders and get yourself V-Planner by Erik Baker and the GUE tables. V-Planner can be very aggressive but you can adjust it to give you almost identical to Weinkie's from NAUI, GUE is more conservative. When I was doing a lot of tech stuff I would use Decom and plug-in my own deep stops, which I liked the best. Most of the older tables have you spending way too much time at 20' & 10' and not enough deep.

I would suspect what you're seeing is nothing fancier than normal 'dive log' style binders with custom-hole-punched tables in them.............

(BTW let me know if you want DCIEM tables, I can get them through work)

D-plan, and then write them down in my wet-notes.

Jon

There are many kinds of different dive tables.

The newest on the current scene (Spring 2004) are NAUI's new RGBM-based NDL tables and RGBM-based deco tables.

These new NDL tables plan for 3 dives, and are set for a max depth on the first dive of the recreational limit of 130 ft. You are then shown a minimum surface interval and a maximum depth for a 2nd and a 3rd (repetitive) dive.

The new deco tables work for max depths to 350 ft for about a dozen different bottom mixes, giving deco times on bottom mix back up to 20 ft, where you then switch to 100% O2. You can substitute your own EANx deco mixes for the bottom mix during deco, as long as you bear in mind the CNS exposure limitations of EANx deco in combination with pure O2. The minimum surface interval for a repetitive deco dive is 3 hours, with the max repetitive depth to be at least 1 ATA shallower than your first dive. Certain dives are designated to be exceptional exposure dives, and no repetitive deco diving is permitted.

The RGBM algorithm will soon be available in the Suunto dive computers and in Abyss deco software, if not already available.

With the software programs, you can print and laminate any specific customized tables that you desire, based on whatever algorithm they contain.

I would guess that you may have seen the new NAUI tables for NDL diving.

Last edited:
Originally posted by northcoastdiver
There are many kinds of different dive tables.

The newest on the current scene (Spring 2004) are NAUI's new RGBM-based NDL tables and RGBM-based deco tables.

These new NDL tables plan for 3 dives, and are set for a max depth on the first dive of the recreational limit of 130 ft. You are then shown a minimum surface interval and a maximum depth for a 2nd and a 3rd (repetitive) dive.

The new deco tables work for max depths to 350 ft for about a dozen different bottom mixes, giving deco times on bottom mix back up to 20 ft, where you then switch to 100% O2. You can substitute your own EANx deco mixes for the bottom mix during deco, as long as you bear in mind the CNS exposure limitations of EANx deco in combination with pure O2. The minimum surface interval for a repetitive deco dive is 3 hours, with the max repetitive depth to be at least 1 ATA shallower than your first dive. Certain dives are designated to be exceptional exposure dives, and no repetitive deco diving is permitted.

The RGBM algorithm will soon be available in the Suunto dive computers and in Abyss deco software, if not already available.

With the software programs, you can print and laminate any specific customized tables that you desire, based on whatever algorithm they contain.

I would guess that you may have seen the new NAUI tables for NDL diving.

Havent Suunto and Abyss being using the RGBM model for quite some time??

There ia a very in depth article on RGBM throught this link written by Bruce Wienke, the man who developed RGBM.

Originally posted by TonyTheTech
NorthcoastDiver,
Where can I buy those new tables. RGBM tables is what I am looking for

www.naui.org

-or-

NAUI Worldwide
PO Box 89789
Tampa, FL 33689-0413
United States of America
(800) 553-6284 Voice
(813) 628-6284 Voice
(813) 628-8253 Fax

Remember, there are two kinds of RGBM tables. One for NDL, and another for deco. The deco tables are in a booklet, which runs for about US$100.

You will of course need a major credit card to give them over the phone, for your order.

Originally posted by londonsean69
Havent Suunto and Abyss being using the RGBM model for quite some time??

There ia a very in depth article on RGBM throught this link written by Bruce Wienke, the man who developed RGBM.

Yeah, I bought a Sunnto Cobra a few years back and that was running RGBM then. GAP also has the RGBM algorithm included now.

Not going to get in to the V-Planner vs RBGM debate :t

I have a Suunto Vyper, which I leave on nitrox 21. If I do a rec dive I can set whichever Nitrox I want (upto 50%) but if I do a tec dive (gas switch etc.) I just let it get bent. It still gives depth and time, and doesnt require me to do a 'safety stop' after a decompression dive, like it does in guage mode.

I use tables for 'proper' dives, cut on dplan, and I have a look at the profile in proplanner, zplan, and XS. I also add in some deep stops and lengthen the gas switch stop.

I use a UWATEC SmartPro now, and simliar to LondonSean I use purpose cut tables for any dive that requires gas switching.

I don't recall the cobra requiring me to do a Saftey stop when it's in gauge mode and the SmartPro certainly doesn't. I usually wear a Citizen Hyper Aqualand as well for a back gauge and timer, just in case ;)

How does everyone like diving RGBM?.
I have a Sunnto Cobra but that is not a real RGBM implemnetation. I am a Bulham guy thinking of switching over. Bulham is very similar to DCIEM as tables go

Caught this one after a few (too many) beers, I like the algo to be honest, on regular diving it's never let me down

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT