• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

tahiti question

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

anton

May 28, 2004
Hiya all,
Does anyone know if there is a 7mm shaft with pins or fins that would work with a tahiti 120 ? I have the original and had to mod the bands with metal instead of the dyneema since it was cutting bad even after I filed it down. I want to return to the dyneema of course but can't using the slots right now. I checked the devoto site but could not find a match.

any info is appreciated.

As a side note, I am still working on a way to use/not use the reel as I wish (a small lever or something) and had a promising idea I will check and and post if it works.

Hello,

some Riffe shafts do the job (6.75mm) perfectly but they are very expensive.
You can try to contact Desiage (in France), they have 7mm shafts with fins, much cheaper (but less quality).

Regards
Jeff

Anton,

I was using in my 120 tahiti demka shafts(150 cm and 6,50)with a special shark fins tabs and they work so good!!

hope it help you

:duh

You were using a 150cm shaft on a 120 gun????

Could you find longer ones from Demka as i have not been able to.

I have a 170cm shaft on my 120

Shane,

joer no perdonas una .

I was wrong shane.My demka shaft was also 170 long:D
If you are interested I,ll send you free :duh

Bye

I would like to keep them 165 or longer (I am using 165cm right now). How long are the Riffe 6,75's ?

Does anyone know of other (high quality) shafts that meet this besides the Riffe that are 7mm ? I am EXTREMELY happy with the performance of this shaft, just not the wishbone mounting style which is not functional in my case at the moment (the slot). A photo is here : http://forums.deeperblue.net/attachment.php?s=&postid=455259 I have a temp fix that I want to get rid of since I want to return to the dyneema (the high quality 7mm shaft together with the dyneed is a very powerful combination I am MOST satisfied with) Does anyone know who makes the original 7mm shafts on a tahiti 120 (about 165cm, very high quality)? Is it devoto? I would prefer to stay with the same maker if possible but with fins or tabs...

Shane, what shafts are you running now on your tahiti? You said they are 170cm... Mine is 160-165 so I figure you mod'd yours...

I use the original Devoto shafts in brown stainless steel.

I still have the same shaft as when i bought the gun and have had not need to change it. Even with the AJ bending it like a banana in the struggle to get away it is still as straight as when new. ;)

I have not measure it with a tape measure but the package said the shaft was 170. And it is about 10cm longer than a 160 picasso shaft i use on my picasso.

Due to my style of fishing i do not tend to trash many shafts.

okay then they are devoto... I just measured mine at about 165... Its a "170" I think. My problem is it is jsut too damn sharp. I file and filed and it has cut through 3 wishbones (between the 2 guns). What did you do or is yours not sharp? (we broke one out of water, 2 people loading CAREFULLY to place it and "snip"

Mine were filed down already when the gun arrived.

I have used 3-4 wishbones in a year which is not bad considering the amount of times i dive in a week.

I wanted to use dyneema all the time but have given up and prefer using normal 2mm rope (readily available anywhere) and change it more often.

That is what i will do when these dyneema ones go.

Take care

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT