• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Tahitian with slide ring ???

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Memo

Sep 1, 2003
Hi,
I found this setup at Beuchat's web site, can any one comment me how it works?? Are you using a pin at the very back hole to stop the slide ring?

here is the picture...

IMHO, it doesn't make much sense at all. The slide ring takes away the inherent strength of a tahitian shaft, i.e. it's quickness.

:confused:

sure it does but I dont understand how it works?? Do you have an idea?

How it works?

Hi Memo,

The shooting line is fixed to the spring ends that extend from the ring, when the gun is loaded the ring slides to the business end of the shaft and sits up against the muzzle, the shooting line is wraped accordingly, with the bitter ends to the ring and the underside of the muzzle. When the gun is shot the spear ideally travels through the ring, making lots of noise :hmm the ring catches at the stern of the spear, making lots of noise:hmm and the shooting line travels behind.

Cheers, Guy

Thanks IB, I totally agree with sound issue and the general thoughts about the performance of the slide ring but I'm curious how the slide ring catches the stern? most tahitien shafts have a cylindrical cross section and I think it will be very hard to catch the stern.... Do they have a system to do it?

Slide Ring Stop

It looks to me as though the eye at the stern of the shaft is offset enough to stop the slide ring.

maybe it is... honestly I have not seen this shaft in real life but the system (by means of mechanic) seems a little odd to me.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT