• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Tailor made (Custom made) free diving wetsuits!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Ali Elkady

May 2, 2018
Hello fellow free divers,
planning to get a new wetsuit soon and wanted to ask experts here, what are the best brands that sell tailor made/ custom made free diving wetsuits?

Elios makes outstanding suits. Mine is perfect. Oceaner also makes very good suits. Not sure about other brands.

Reactions: Ali Elkady
I have custom Elios 5mm full suit. It's a very good suit, warm, simple and almost no water flow. I got 5mm since I already had an Orca wetsuit but in the end found it too warm for my liking, too much boyancy change and textile outside causing too much drag. It allowed me to spend a lot of time on seabed without fear of damaging it though. If I was to buy one again, I would probably go for neoprene with less boyancy change with depth (at the cost of flexiblity) and textile inside & smooth outside. But you have to be careful with these.

For casual freediving to about 15m I prefer Orca swimming wetsuit due to smooth skin which allows to dive with little effort. I like its balancing more (thicker neoprene on thighs, thinner everywhere else), but much less warm so its usage is more temperature limited. It also feels tighter and less flexible than pure freediving suit. Due to much less insulation I couldn't remain in water as long as with Elios but that could be solved by not taking the suit off and letting sun heat me up again as long as it wasn't windy.

So in the end I think you need multiple specialized suits if you want to enjoy it more.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT