• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Taking The Blue Out

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

lvtodve

Mar 30, 2004
Hello All,

I have a issue that I hope that someone can help me with.

I just got a digital camera for my husband and my last dive vacation. There are some really cool pics that I hope and can get to look great.

After I downloaded the pics from the camera, I tried to correct the blue tint on Picture It Photo. I have tried several times to correct the photo so that it looks decent but it never seems to work.

Can anyone help me, please!!!!

I recommend the following book:

"Digital Imaging for the Underwater Photographer"
by Jack and Sue Drafahl

They show you how to use Adobe Photoshop to correct
underwater pixs. The authors usually write in the Scuba Diving magazine published by PADI.

Eddy.

Interesting Issue...

What kind of camera was it? I have a PowerShot A70 that has an "Underwater mode" setting that changes the white balance. Maybe you can change the white balance on the camera before sending the photos to the PC? Just an idea off the top of my head.....

Cheers,
Bret

Thank you for the suggestions. I just recently got the Adobe photo software so that will help alot.

I have an Olympus Camedia 50. I am still figuring out the fine tuning abilities that are possible with it, so I will give the white balance a try

I forgot to mention this, checkout wetpixel.com, it's one of
the biggest forums for underwater photographers. I'm sure
you'll find plenty of experts over there.

Eddy.

In Photoshop and many other advanced software packages, they refer to it as color "Levels". Depending on the version of Photoshop you have, it can be found in either a menu called "Image" or a sub-menu called "adjust image" or something. But the end menu option you are looking for is "levels". Most versions have an "auto" feature as well, either as a seperate menu option or once you get to the "levels" dialog window. This generally removes casting colors.

Levels essentially allows you to change the mix of Blue, Red, Green.

Cheers,

Tyler

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT