• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Tandem Kayak : info please

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi Vivien - a resurected thread ! Nice inflatable - I guess you use it on the lakes ?
I ended up buying the Cobra Expedition : http://www.cobrakayaks.com/kayaks/cobracat6.html

Yellow one on right - except mine is a rather un-masculine red colour... well alright it's pink ! But highly visible at sea.

Works very well and have only been tipped once - but I was fooling around on a rough and stormy day to see what it was like. Cuts through the swell and not badly affected by the wind - pretty light to paddle too and can get some good speed out of it.

Also it is light enough to put on a shoulder and walk to the beach - but for me that's about 30m or so - I probably wouldn't want a heavier one though ! Have to get some wheels for low water trips...

Have yet to try it for fishing - but my Italian frineds Marco and Lora tried it on the local reef and it was pretty good - Marco was diving and his girlfriend Lora was picking up the fish ! Nice caddy system... Just seem to go out for a nice paddle at high water when the fishing is too deep or too much current. but hopefully in the spring I can start to use it for fishing too...

Got a Lendal Kinetic Touring varilok paddle ... very nice and alot lighter than the heavy aluminium one I was borrowing before.

Ed

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…