• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Tanya Streeter on Late Night TV 6/5/03

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Dan

Apr 28, 2003
Tanya Streeter on Late Night & Mehgan Heaney in FHM

Tanya Streeter will be on the (Discovery Heath Channel) on 5/28/03 8pm est. And she will also be on (Late Night with David Letterman) 6/5/03,

Mehgan Heaney Grier: is a cover girl for FHM.com this month.
You can check her out at http://www.fhmus.com/girls/covergirls/192/

Dan;)

Last edited:
I took a peek a the Mehgan article, but It didn't seem to say a whole lot (other than she was 25 and could dive 200'). She's been kind of scarce recently.

Meghan is currently bi-coastal between her home state of Florida and California. She is spending most of her time in L.A. trying to get some projects off the ground and doing some acting as well.

I try to keep in touch with her every so often.

Last time I met up with her was at DEMA in Las Vegas last year and she gave me a run down on what she had been up to.

200 ft

Well at least they got her age right.....she's never been any deeper than 165......oh yeah, and she's single now too.

What! Are you suggesting that a journalistic icon like FHM would sensationalize or exaggerate in any way? ;)

If she's bi-coastal, does that mean that she's a part-time thespian?

Actually, I didn't think that the 200' claim was credible when I read it.

Last edited:
Reactions: PILOT
Originally posted by Pezman
What! Are you suggesting that a journalistic icon like FHM would sensationalize or exaggerate in any way? ;)

If she's bi-coastal, does that mean that she's a part-time thespian?

Actually, I didn't think that the 200' claim was credible when I read it.

Haven't read the article - only commenting on what she has been up to lately...

Sent her an email this morning just to touch base...

OLN

Also for those of you that get OLN, I think they've got something scheduled for Saturday June 7 from 6-6:30. Don't know what they're doing, but what I saw said 'Freediving'.

-m

Reactions: Pezman
Thanks M-2

Wow, the OLN show looks very promising. Here's the description:

HIGH FIVE
Free Dive
These last 40 years, men have tried to challenge the depth of the oceans. The first free diving record was 40 meters and has now grown to 117 meters. The danger is always present but for most of the free divers, it is a fascination and like a drug.

The "men" part is a little ironic, given the topic of the thread ;)

Note the misinformation about the 117 meters thing. Not sure which discipline is stuck at 117. Maybe Martin or Herbert have a surprise planned for tomorrow ...

Uhm, Discovery Channel 160 meters

I was watchin the Discovery Channel where she made a
160 meter dive or 525 feet......

New World Record for anyone Male or Female.

Is this wrong?
I know what I saw and heard what they said......

Any comments?

-Mark

I thought that Loic broke that record a couple of days later?
Jon

I was responding to those on the thread stating
200 feet was an exhageration....

She actually did
525 feet.

Now, also I believe a competitor of hers attempted to break
the record dying in the attempt.

Also, I was not aware of the diver breaking the record days
later... wow, the limelight sure is short-lived in this sport!

You guys/gals have my utmost respect, that's why I want to
be one of you.

Regards,
Mark

Mark,

I see that your from Chicago. There are at least 3 or 4 other freedivers that I know of down there. I am just north of you. I sent a personal email to your account.

Jon

Originally posted by ghost_flash
I was responding to those on the thread stating
200 feet was an exhageration....

She actually did
525 feet.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ghost Flash,
sorry but I think your talking about two different events and two different people, and in my opinion two different sports.

the 565 is NO-LIMITS (machine), and that is TANYA

the 165 is Constant Weight (freediving), and that is MEAGHEN

I am still sticking to my comment that there is no way that MEAGHEN has or will ever dive to 200 ft, unless she decides to get back into serious diving instead of promotion of sea creature molestation.

Regards, Jack

Last edited:
Reactions: Pezman
High Five Freedive show

Just watched this show on OLN. Basically "Ocean Men" lite. Umberto vs Pipin, one gratuitous blackout etc. Well worth the half hour spent watching, but probably not worth taping.

Thanks again Dan and M-2. There is so little freediving stuff on TV that it's a shame to miss any of it. Glad you guys thought to tell us.

mike

yeah, i was gone so i actually taped it. i was a bit disapointed when i saw that they did something so old, as opposed to having highlights from cyprus. last year they dedicated a half hour each day for four or five days to the world champs in ibiza. what they showed was so old pipin still had hair!

-m

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT