• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Tanya Streeter Still

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Well, Tanya does sometimes peek in here on DB too, so if she sees the thread, she may comment, but if you want to post some questions for her, it may be better doing it in one of the threads where she already contributed to - she will likely get a notification by email. In this way you can post questions publicly, without harrassing her personally (if it was a concern for you) :)

It is very good to read; maybe you might contextualize it by noting in parentheses above that this is an essay that has appeared in print or in some other venue....

Hi Graig,

I understand your whish for a deeper understanding of Tanya.
From what I get from your story is you're just intrested in her perception of those breathtaking experiences. Have you considerd trying freediving and monofinning yourself?
Though one could never* know you're percieve the same as Tanya does, you could try to reconstruct the sensations, a combination of feeling totally at one with our favourite element in combination of experienceing a deep understanding fellow mammals radiate to us.

I hope Tanya will one day awsers your question for you.
Until that time you can choose to follow her footsteps into her silent mysterious world and feel first hand the miracles yourself.

And don't worry, you don't need a 5 min breath-hold to have a good time and very touching deep moments in shallow waters. Have an freediving introduction course and experience the miracle of a very relaxed time transending breath-hold dives. I'm sure it's a big step, if not the biggest, in your quest of understanding.

Love, Peace and Water,

Kars

*I have little doubt it will, or may very well is already possible, to record and view and experience onether persons memories in the near future. See the movie "Brainstorm". Like other sci-fi predictive programming[i/].

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT