• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

target practice in the pool

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

eualthemule

Dec 6, 2001
New Gun.......Dying to Shoot it!!!

I have access to a large pool on campus where I can take my gun underwater to shoot it (when my buddies keep the pool open late and everybody else is outta there).....when i go to shoot it, i want to work on my aim and gain an understanding of where and how the gun shoots......anybody have any good methods for setting up some type of target range underwater?......thanks - tyler
p.s. what are the pros/cons of using a line shaft vs. a free shaft?

tyler,

check out this thread

i envy you that you have a pool to do this in. :( just don't freeshaft in the pool! :naughty

your biggest problem in the pool is stopping the shaft. there are some decent archery targets out there that you could use.

L8R,
anderson

find thick blocks of styrofoam and a LOT of lead......

An old sofa cussion (spelling??) works really well. (used lead to ancor and some styrofom to keep suspended

remove floppers from an old spearhead to make your targets last longer.

Make sure any target is suspended and there is a great deal of open water behind in....

Willer

(Did you know a JBL NW .38 special will go through a metal garbage can?........)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT