• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Teach me!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ashort

Jul 11, 2002
hi all,

I've been give this link by someone on uk.rec.scuba.

bascially, I'm looking for some friendly folk to teach me to freedive either around Brecon, Aberystwyth, or Staffordshire.

hope you can help!

cheers

Adam

Hey

I'm the bloke that directed you here.
Take some time to look through this forum, there's some great advice on breathing stuff to be working on, and everyone seems really helpful.

Are you by any chance at uni in Aberystwyth? Because if you are, that's the uni my sister is at. Small world eh?

Hope you're successful in taking up the sport!

Welcome to DB guys!

As Narked said we are a friendly bunch - we have everyone from beginners to World Champions freedivers on these forums - so your in good hands.

There is a small but keen group of Freedivers in the UK. It was the UK Freediving competition in Plymouth last weekend and also the BFA (British Freediving Association) AGM. There have been some committee changes so things may be a bit slow at present.

Your best bet is to use http://www.britishfreediving.org to contact the committee (Steve Gardner is the Chairman) and go from there.

Other than that, ask questions in these forums and learn as much as you can - and remember, never train in water alone!!

Thank you

cheers for that lads. I have already contacted one member of the commmittee, but I'll keep trying. oh, and I am at aber uni. I'm on my year in industry placement at brecon now though.

cheers

Adam

you're in luck...

hi Adam,

You happen to live about 1 hour away from the Mecca of British freediving. Trust me... this is where it all happens. :cool:

I dive once or twice a week all year round at a quarry in North Wales which must be the best freediving site in the UK - the depth is effectively unlimited and there are shoals of friendly fish! There is a small group of us who go there to train in all freediving disciplines as well as dive recreationally. Most of us are located in the North West right now, but I shall be moving back home to Wales shortly.

alun_george@yahoo.co.uk
you may also want to join the AIDAUK group to keep youself up to date...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AIDAUK/

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT