• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Teak board

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Kekipi Mano

Jun 8, 2003
I'm looking for a teak board with the measurements of 8'x12"x2". Nice solid grain with no knots. PM me if you have any or know where I can get some. Thanks.

Easiest thing is to just do a search on google for teak lumber in south carolina . An 8'-long speargun - that's going to take some real ape arms to cock.

look up hardwood.com and it should give you a list of dealers in your area. Look around some people will give you better deals than others.

I had sent two mails to you with the following:

"Man! That's gonna be a serious chunk of wood to purchase and then ship across the US. Better to pick up a copy of Fine Homebuilding and look in the back at the Classified Ads. There are usually several outfits that market the more exotic woods like Teak, Bubinga and the like. The Teak out here goes for $14.00 and up per board foot. A chunk like you want would set you back a cool three hundred by the time you get it from here in CA."

This'll make it three.

try looking up www.exoticharwoods.com, I do beleive they have teak for under $10 a brd. ft. you also might try a different kind of wood. check the boat building web sites. those boats are made of more than just teak, and it seems they hold up to water pretty well.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT