• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

tec travel

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Raggie

Feb 24, 2004
Hi

I’m looking for info on any really interesting, deep dive sites through out the world. I have dived extensively in the Red Sea and South Africa and am now looking to broaden my horizons. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

I can suggest the Great Lakes to you if your into diving fully intact 100+ year old shipwrecks in pristine conditions.

As far as depths go you can pick your depth based upon your training, experience and comfort level.

BTW: Don't forget a drysuit and argon- you'll need both.

Jon

If you dont like the colder waters, try the Ionian islands in Greece. There is quite a budding technical community there and the deep diving and cave diving, although still in its infantcy over here, is good.

Pete

South Florida can offer some good tech diving. Much of it is artificial wrecks, but down in the Keys there are some historic wrecks.

Watch out for the big bull sharks that patrol the area at times, they are very curious.

Also, some cooler climates like the Uk, Canada and Norway offer great diving for the tech diver.

Some divers in Estonia have sent me some rocking piccies of their wrecks, which are in prostine condition.

The main difference you will experience are conditions and support for you as a tech diver.

Regards
Jeannette

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT