• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Tech Diving Courses

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Neeka

Mar 10, 2002
Just a curiousity again....

I asked this under another title but will re-ask it here.

Is there any difference between the agencies and the courses that they offer.... ? Should I stick with one, versus the other? Or are there agencies that are better noted for different courses? ie: should I take a course from one agency for trimix but another agency for wreck diving?

Thanks !
neeka

Thanks Chris

Chris..
Thanks for getting back to me with the info about the courses. I will look into some IANTD courses over in Indonesia.. however all I have found are the TDI so far. Thanks again.. hope to hear back!
Neeka:)

Neeka,
Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents worth about your question. All the agencies teach pretty much the same thing, just with a different style. As far as technical training goes, an agency that teaches tri-mix will know their stuff on wreck diving as well. What I believe is most important is the instructor. Every agency has good instructors, and every agency has a few not so good ones. Finding someone who is knowledgeable, personable, who you are comfortable with is the key.
How do you pick the good ones from the bad ones? Thats a good question I just asked myself. Ask questions of their past students, observe them teaching a class, or even ask other instructors and dive shop personel. Its a judgement call you need to make, but don't hesitate to switch instructors if you don't feel comfortable with the one you have. Check their credentials and see how much experience they have. Dive training is a good thing so keep at it.

Dale

thanks

Hey there Kayak diver
Thanks for the information. I have decided rather than quibble with what agency to go for... to find out what agencies are available where I will be going! It will probably answer my question for me. Thanks for the input...

Hi Neeka,
Just my two cents, but I wouldn't totally discount a deep air course. Of course if you have the option to do a deep dive it's best on mix. It sounds though that you have some chances to go to some pretty cool remote locations and helium isn't readily avaliable everywhere. Its something that has to be worked up to but it can be done. I have some friends that do alot of remote diving for various scientist and agencies. If they didn't dive deep air they wouldn't be able to do the tasks at those locations, just having a compressor is fortunate. Again I'd dive mix but given the choice of air or no dive I'd go air. Take care.
Jay

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT