• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Tech Training

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

sycodiver

Oct 16, 2003
Hi , Just about to do some more training and was hoping to get some views on the Tech Schools ( IANTD TDI Etc)
thanks!

I second that because it appears that GUE is only allowing a very select group of instructers all of whom have massive amounts of experience.

If you can't get a GUE course in your area or your not into DIR, look at the instructor instead of the agency (unless they are teaching deep air stay away from that IMHO). The instructor you get will make all the difference, ensure they've got decent experience both in recent dives and in recent instruction. Get a feel for how often they are diving and what kind of diving they are doing. If there are other tech divers in your area ask around, more often than not a name will resurface again and again indicating the respect of local divers.

James is right on target.

If you can't find a GUE instructor, then you really need to investigate the individual instructor. I have seen some good, and some God-awfully bad, instructors for both IANTD and TDI.

GUE has the highest standards around. The rest are kind of like PADI and NAUI- instructors can range from truly outstanding to a walking train-wreck.:head

Stay away from the deep-air nonsense to be sure and check into the DIR thing if your interested. I have switched from being a total stroke to fairly strict DIR and the diffrenece has been amazing. Everything is now much more streamlined, efficent, and safer.

Just my $0.02

Jon

Well thanks for the views, I had already thought about GUE, and there is a school close, The one in Diver article! So i will be paying the guys there a visit!

cheers
sycodiver

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT