• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Telling about the sport to bubble-blowers..

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Pekka

neoprene dreamer
Aug 22, 2001
Ok here is the deal, in my Uni they have only Scuba club, and I have been talking to them...well to the social secretary who happens to be really cute lady.. and I told them that I could tell them about the sport a little bit... well some basics.. I think it is a good idea, because the general answer from the women was, either "What Freediving" or "Uh that is dangerous why do you want to do that". So what should I tell them, I mean have any of you done anything like this before.. I would be going to their meeting and sort of give little presentation on freediving..
Any ideas? or should I just try to get the chick some other way;)

"Thats right Little Lady, Big Fins Big...."

"Yeah Baby, I swear! I can hold my Breath for 5:00min+, want a demo?"

"I'm just a freak with a Neoprene Fetish...."

Always worked in the past......

:duh

Willer

Yeeaahhhs...:hmm

Once the Scuba club realises all freedivers are rubber-clad s3x maniacs they'll be lining up to give it a go...:D
This IS England we're talking about.:t

Remember Pekka, not too mcuh spade work on the chick or the "F" word will be used...;)

Originally posted by loopy
Just tell her why they call you Pekka... :D

:eek: Yeah, Perhaps that would work...hmm and that I work well in great depths and under pressure..right:duh
Might work...

Pekka , don't they have an U/W hockey club ?
Starting with that you could branch out to freediving/spearfishing .
Most of our universities back home have a four - in - one club .

4-in-1?:hmm

I think our pal Pekka is looking for a little one-on-one..:D ;)

Last edited:
Hang on, I'm still interested in this four on one... where are these unis again Abri? Sash, I think we need to take ourselves a trip to SA :D

Settle down guys , you're 20 years too late . This was in the freewheeling eighties ... erm ; where were you then ...:confused:

Underwater hockey... uh this uni doesn't even have Ice-hockey..:confused: I walked straight to the "Hockey club meeting" and expected to see some ice action... those guys were too little and holding something that looked like miniature shepards staffs upside down.. Uh England... They have clubs for any kind of action... dude even The "Bell Ringing club", they go and ring the bells in the local churches, but no freediving or underwater hockey...noo...

I think our pal Pekka is looking for a little one-on-one....:naughty me??? Shadowkiller what kind of freediver you think I am?:D:p
I wouldn't think of it... unless she would freedive with me..well I mean.....:eek:
Thanks for great tips guys, I can see that you realy have given thought....:cool:

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT