• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

test............

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

miles

BORN WILD!!!
Supporter
Jun 13, 2003
Hiya

Found this on another forum and was quite interesting!!!

quick test...

This is very interesting.

Alzheimer's Test-

Count the "F's" in the following text:

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE-
SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIF-
IC STUDY COMBINED WITH THE
EXPERIENCE OF YEARS...(see below)

Scroll down!......

Did you count 3

Wrong, there are 6 !!--no joke.
Read it again.
The reasoning behind it is further down.

The brain cannot process "OF".
Incredible or what ? Go back and look again!!
Anyone who counts all 6 "F's" on the first go is a genius.
Three is normal, four is quite rare.

It even works for a not native english speaking dude, but would a non literate have the same result?

Nice 1 !

Carlos

Hiya

I also got 3!!! :duh :duh

Guess i'm just normal..............

regards
miles

the reason for this anomaly is that the question asks how many Fs there are. you read this as "effs" and so you prepare yourself to listen out for "eff" sounds as you read it in your mind. the word "of" doesn't have an "eff" sound... so your brain misses them. if you forget about the sound and focus carefully on the letter shapes then you'll spot them all. if you gave the same test to a Chinese child (for example) and asked him to count the number of letters that have the shape 'F'... then of course he would easily spot them all! :)

Experience counts. I've seen any number of such silly things in a long life and when something like that comes up my intellectual paranoia kicks in and I start acting like a Chinese child, looking very carefully for the accounted letters. It isn't a matter of brain power but of suspicion and observation. So there!

I counted about 12-14.

Perhaps its time to call the poison control center.

I thought that frozen Hurricane drink tasted a lot like Windex.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT