• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Testing the Salvimar Pneumatics

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
My Vuoto 75 has failed after around 30 odd shots :-(
It's losing pressure and when loaded I could see a tiny bubble forming at the join between the muzzle and barrel tube.
After opening it up I see the large O ring has a slice out of it so I'm assuming this is the issue but don't understand why it should suddenly fail.
It's out of its return period with scubastore so I'm intending replacing it.myself if I can find a seal kit or O ring dimensions.
I can get cressi sl / mares seal kits - would either of these share common o rings with the Vuoto?

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

Any slice will be a pre-existing cut introduced when the gun was assembled, assuming you have not created it when pulling the gun apart and I doubt that can happen anyway. Sometimes with use the "O" ring can slightly rotate on its cross section and bring the cut into a position where it will leak as sealing will have been marginal at best with the cut just out of contact on the sealing surface. I have seen it happen, but at the other end of the tank. I would be complaining to Salvimar, but you need to photograph the damaged "O" ring. If you have to fix it then use the Salvimar kit for the gun, there is no guarantee that other parts will fit. You only use substitutes if you have no other options.

Thanks Pete - will get some pics tomorrow. I'll post them on here too, there's also damage evident on the opposite side of the other ring.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Salvimar doesn't make service kits but i am sure that mares kits will fit. Your best bet is to email salvimar, they have good customer service.

I ordered 10 spare gaskets for my vuoto from vidrax, so that should keep my gun going for a while longer.

Thanks Gazz. I bought the correct size O ring locally and all seems good. Haven't had a chance to use it as I only reassembled it last night, however it's still pressurised :)
I've never heard of Vidrax but their site looks good. I'll get a few gaskets from them.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately the Vuoto 100 I bought its not working properly. The gasket was replaced but the gun still does not shoot with any power at all. Might need to disassemble it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT