• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Thailand info.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

charlie-in-thai

Spearfishing Thailand
Sep 21, 2008
Thailand spearfishing info.

If you holidaying in Thailand in the future or living in Thailand and want to go spearing, drop me a line.

For the past 5 years, I've lived very close to the year-round warm, clear waters of the Andaman and I'm always looking for spearing buddies (I'm the only English-speaking one in this area, as far as I'm aware) or just someone who needs a local guide. I have a fast f/g sports cruiser boat to get out to the many local islands and reefs. I also have use of a bigger boat in the Phuket/Krabi/Trang areas for larger groups and off-shore hunting. All trips are freediving only. Spearguns for daily rental can also be arranged.

I DO NOT OPERATE A BUSINESS OR LOOK TO MAKE ANY PROFIT FROM VISITING SPEAROS - I MAKE MY LIVING BY OTHER MEANS. ALL TRIPS ARE ORGANISED ON A FRIENDLY BASIS WITH ALL COSTS SHARED EQUALLY AMONGST LIKE-MINDED SOULS, WHO ENJOY SOME DAYS OUT SPEARING AND MAYBE A BEER OR TWO AFTER.

Drop me a line at: charleswillberry@hotmail.com and I'll get back to you promptly.

Cheers for now,

Charlie
icon14.gif

Last edited:
Charlie, this is cool.

I'm sending You an email right now to get You in contact with some more freedivers sitting around the Andaman sea. :)

Best,

Richard

hey i'm going to be in krabi for at lest six months working as a dive master. and i was just wondering if i was able to spearfish there. it would keep my cost of living down :)
how long are you there for ?

hey i'm going to be in krabi for at lest six months working as a dive master. and i was just wondering if i was able to spearfish there. it would keep my cost of living down :)
how long are you there for ?

PM sent.

I live here permanantly, bro, coming up to 5 years now.

Good luck with your new job

Madprops, when will You be there? Any dates set? This place teeming with freedivers, it seems... :)

Great to see some group setting up in the Phuket area. Walt and Aey are experienced freedivers there, I am sure they would be interested. I have done myself liveaboards to the Similan several times and always alone, it would be great to find a partner for the next time.

For those closer to Bangkok, there is a group there training more or less regularly in pools. There is a website with pictures and blog, and a forum. Anyone interested is welcome to get in touch... after Songkran of course :)

Madprops, when will You be there? Any dates set? This place teeming with freedivers, it seems... :)

and here i wasn't sure if i would find a buddy :blackeye
ill be there in october.
i was pumped about the dive master thing and now i'm stoked about free divers being there.
ill be there in october!
www.manta-point.com
thats where i'm going to be.
i hope some of you guys are close to me

Hey Madprops,

Send me an email so that I've got your address. I have lots of info. for you about the area you will be based.

I live only an hour away from Koh Lanta.

Cheers,

Charlie

rxcnc2, have you been the only freediver on a scuba-liveaboard? How was it, and did you do scuba too?

makes me wish I could get over to Thai for a minute Charlie...very nice to extend such an offer :)

Cheers, Lunker

You're most welcome over anytime, dude. But, do try and stay a little longer than a minute... you won't get to see much 'ping-pong' otherwise! ;)

i was also freediving on kho phi phi with the scubas... and it was always very very nice... :inlove

and the songkran, which rxcnc2 said.... it was so funny yesterday. i stand 7 hours on the streets or driving around with the local people to wish a happy new year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Thanks going out to Charlie. While I didn't plan to do any spearing, he did give me a nice tip for a leisurely beach dive off of Phuket. I really enjoyed it. I recommend contacting him if you want some tips. I also wanted to take a course from Richard and Sarah, but I couldn't fit it into the busy family trip. Maybe next time!

Hey, next time it is. :)

Whereabouts is that leisurely beach dive off Phuket?
Really, really interested!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT