• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Thailand spearfishing trip report - Koh Chang

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DeliciousFishes

Dec 25, 2013
Had a great day out on a boat a few weeks back and finally got a trip report written up! I would love any feedback. Using a Mako Predator Pro 2, my first gun so I have nothing to compare it to, but I love it. I did a lot of research and I think it's a perfect entry-level gun. Full report at the link, but here are a few pics:

queenfish.jpg

cobia-and-pla-gao.jpg

AH. Yes I see now. You're holding the gun off the ground(or boat deck rather). Well done

deli-fishes, the link to full trip report does not work. Please tell me who did you go fishing with (who's boat it is) and whereabouts did you go? I was to Koh Chang twice, but I wasn't into spearfishing at the time. As far as I can remember shores around the whole archipelago are protected, marine park or something. Did you piggyback on regular fishing charter or was it specifically speafishing charter? I am planning my next trip, would like any info, please. Koh Chang is a great place.

deli-fishes, the link to full trip report does not work. Please tell me who did you go fishing with (who's boat it is) and whereabouts did you go? I was to Koh Chang twice, but I wasn't into spearfishing at the time. As far as I can remember shores around the whole archipelago are protected, marine park or something. Did you piggyback on regular fishing charter or was it specifically speafishing charter? I am planning my next trip, would like any info, please. Koh Chang is a great place.

http://itsbetterinthailand.com/spearfishing-in-the-gulf-of-thailand/ Thanks for pointing that out to me. This link works. Some friends and I just saw a guy on a boat and asked him to take us out. I had him take us out to a place I know. I can speak Thai so it wasn't hard to do. we paid 5000 baht for the whole day and brought our own food and booze along. We speared in the morning, then drank, fished, snorkeled and swam later. It is a marine park but I've been told by park officials that fishing is allowed. Net and commercial fishing are not. Of course things can change quickly in Thailand. Also some islands are outside of the park: Koh Kood, Koh Mak and I think Koh Kradat are outside of it.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT