• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Thailand spearfishing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi Charlie
def coming out in Jan now. staying at Koh Lanta for a bit but able to move about to somewhere out of the marine park. not sure ill be able to bring a gun with me though, is it poss to rent or buy out there? If all goes to plan, fancy meeting up?
Ive your mail address and will mail nearer the time.

Cheers

Paatrick

Some photos as requested

Attachments

• PICT0064.JPG
    PICT0064.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_5309.jpg
    IMG_5309.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 270
  • P4050019.JPG
    P4050019.JPG
    193.9 KB · Views: 274
  • DSC02470.JPG
    DSC02470.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 265
  • PICT0155.JPG
    PICT0155.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 280
  • PIC30982.JPG
    PIC30982.JPG
    182.3 KB · Views: 280
  • DSC00885.JPG
    DSC00885.JPG
    238.9 KB · Views: 281
  • DSC00827.JPG
    DSC00827.JPG
    187.1 KB · Views: 261
If you holidaying in Thailand in the future or living in Southern Thailand and want to go spearing, drop me a line.

For more than 6 years, I've lived very close to the year-round warm, clear waters of the Andaman Sea and I'm always looking for spearing buddies (I'm the only English-speaking one in this area, as far as I'm aware) or just someone who needs a local guide. I have a 6m fibreglass sports cruiser and regularly go out to the many local islands and reefs. I also have use of a bigger boat in the Phuket/Krabi/Trang areas for larger groups, 2 day+ trips and off-shore hunting. All trips are freediving only.

I DO NOT OPERATE A BUSINESS OR LOOK TO MAKE ANY PROFIT FROM VISITING SPEAROS - I MAKE MY LIVING BY OTHER MEANS. ALL TRIPS ARE ORGANISED ON A FRIENDLY BASIS WITH ALL COSTS SHARED EQUALLY AMONGST LIKE-MINDED SOULS, WHO ENJOY SOME DAYS OUT SPEARING. I hunt by apnea only.

Drop me a line at: charleswillberry@hotmail.com and I'll get back to you promptly.

Cheers for now,

Charlie
icon7.gif
Hey Charlie, I emailed you but thought id post on here also.
I'm a keen spearo from New Zealand heading to Phuket 16 may for 11 days. Im real keen to do some spearfishing while there and hate being a tourist so your post appealed to me. Fly into Phuket but would travel anywhere to hook up for some good spots.
I dive 100ft/30M comfortably, we have some very good spearfishing here in Mahia where I live so would most definitly return the favour if you were ever heading this way. Likewise for anyone else who reads this.
Look forward to your reply
Cheers
rwc
Mahia Penisnula
Hawkes Bay
New Zealand

Hi Richard,
Got your email and will respond with more info.
Thanks for your offer too, bud.
See you in a few weeks.
Regards,

Charlie

I have only one membership on Deeperblue and all my postings are under 'CHARLIE IN THAI'
I would like to request that they are NOT confused with any other similar/imitation posts from other parties on this forum. Thanks.
Charlie

Hi Charlie

Are this thread still valid?
I'm planing a trip next year to visit the mrs. family in ubon.
If i have time i would like to swing down south to do some spearfishing.
I'm newbe spearo, but always ready to improve my technic. :)

Reactions: charlie-in-thai
Hi,
Yes, still a current thread, buddy and now is the best season (Nov-May)
More info here:

https://www.facebook.com/SpearfishingThailandTrips/

Rgds,

Charles
Hi Charlie!

I cannot find the facebook site. coming this December to Thailand . Haven t decided exact place. I am spearfishing in the Mediterranian , and spinning , shore jigging . Would like to have nice fishing adventures , and for my 5 year old little girl to have fun diving with me. My wife and parents to enjoy relaxing , and as a beautiful experience . Advise me where to go?

Koh Kood is on my list. We will be visiting it this winter, late December'January. Dave, are you still there on Koh Kood? would be great if we could connect.

I'm going to be in Lanta from the 14th of October until February. I'm aware of the marine park and will be doing plenty of regular diving and snorkeling. I'm just wondering if there will be any opportunities to do some spearing too. I'm not going to bring my gear from the UK and will buy if I get the chance to go out.

Hi Guys

I'll also be making a trip to Thailand in a week or so. Would be very keen to link up with any of you spearo's living there. @charlie-in-thai and Dave I dropped you guys an email. I will be in the South from around the 16th of October for about a week. If you guys are still in the area please let me know and if you are keen we can organise to link up.

Hello spearo's,

I'm going mid January to Ko Lipe.
If someone is there at the time, would be nice to meet / dive.

I have few more questions;
  • Can anyone recommend a spearo shop / store in Bangkok. I will need some stuff for rigging.

• As I will be flying from Bkk to the South Hat Yai Airport, how to take my spearo stuff? As a hand luggage or not? It bit long bag and I think will be more than 15kg … and I would not like to be checked by police or who ever and to be questioned about the gun,

• Is it necessary for waters around Ko Lipe island a dive suite? I have been reading that water is quite warm.

• And possibly the last Q for now: anyone knows a good reef spots for spearfishing out of the tourists and the beach people

Cheers

Hello spearo's,

I'm going mid January to Ko Lipe.
If someone is there at the time, would be nice to meet / dive.

I have few more questions;
  • Can anyone recommend a spearo shop / store in Bangkok. I will need some stuff for rigging.

• As I will be flying from Bkk to the South Hat Yai Airport, how to take my spearo stuff? As a hand luggage or not? It bit long bag and I think will be more than 15kg … and I would not like to be checked by police or who ever and to be questioned about the gun,

• Is it necessary for waters around Ko Lipe island a dive suite? I have been reading that water is quite warm.

• And possibly the last Q for now: anyone knows a good reef spots for spearfishing out of the tourists and the beach people

Cheers

Alex,

Koh Lipe is in the Tarutao National Park. If you are caught spearing there, the marine police will confiscate your gun/s and subject you to a fine (usually more hefty for foreigners). Just saying!

Neither I, nor anyone I know, has had problems taking guns in/out of Thailand. For any flights, you have to check-in your gun bag. No airline will allow you to carry it on, for obvious reasons. Internal flights in Thailand often make a surcharge for sports equipment.

Water temp. is 27-32 degrees, year round.

If you need rigging kit, we are the official Rob Allen distributors for Thailand and can mail anywhere nationally within 48 hours. There's one shop in Bangkok, but they sell only a few guns and have limited accessories.

Cheers,

Charles

https://www.facebook.com/RobAllenThailand

Alex,

Koh Lipe is in the Tarutao National Park. If you are caught spearing there, the marine police will confiscate your gun/s and subject you to a fine (usually more hefty for foreigners). Just saying!

Neither I, nor anyone I know, has had problems taking guns in/out of Thailand. For any flights, you have to check-in your gun bag. No airline will allow you to carry it on, for obvious reasons. Internal flights in Thailand often make a surcharge for sports equipment.

Water temp. is 27-32 degrees, year round.

If you need rigging kit, we are the official Rob Allen distributors for Thailand and can mail anywhere nationally within 48 hours. There's one shop in Bangkok, but they sell only a few guns and have limited accessories.

Cheers,

Charles

https://www.facebook.com/RobAllenThailand

Hi Charlie,

ok thanx for the reply.

So Koh Lipe is a National Park. It looks to me from what I can see from this picture ( I hope I'm allowed to place a link ?) http://www.seafarer-divers.com/_DAT...800_satun-tarutao-marine-national-park-01.jpg
the park consist of all islands around. So no chance for a day excursion for spearfishing I think.
Never been in Asia so I dont know what to expect. For sure I dont want to risk my stay, fines, jail, ban from entrance or whatever could happen.

Ok it's clear for transporting gear, and for the water temp. I think I will need a cooling suite!

I will check RobAllen the facebook, thanx for the link!

Cheers,

Alex

Reactions: charlie-in-thai
Charlie,
Can I have please the address of this shop in Bkk please ?
You have FB message,
Thanx
Alex

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT