• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Thailland Spearfishing Route and Spots

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Kampfchilli

Sep 24, 2017
Hello all,

im planning my vacation next summer. I am a student so i have a low budget. (For 30 Days 40 € a Day, Flight payed)

I want to go Spearfishing and a little bit of traveling, 2-4 Spots in arround 4 weeks.

But I have no clue where to go. Thailland. To wich Airport should I fly, than where to go?

I find a lot of old stuff in the Internet,maby some of you have current Infos about where to go. I want to create a Spearfishing route in Thailland.

So can you tell me some nice Spots in thailland wich i connect with a Route.

My Equipment:
- SeacSub 3,5 mm Spearfishing Suit
- Leaderfins Carbon Fins
- Rob Allen Tuna ( using 1 rubber most of the Time)

Spearfishing Experience
- Cuba or Greece every Summer (got family on Cuba, but fish is rare)

Correction:

But I have no clue where to go in Thaillans. To wich Airport should I fly, than where to go?

I will be in Thailand this January. I will go to Koh Chang and do some spearfishing there. Koh Chang is the only place I know in Thailand, never had much time to explore the rest of the country, perhaps not the best place but I simply don't know any better. Taxi ride from Bangkok airport all the way to Koh Chang costs just over 100$, including ferry ride. Waters around Koh Chang are national park and regulations about spearfishing are not completely clear, I was not able to get a straight answers from anyone. Although locals fish everywhere, and you can charter a fish boat reasonably cheap.

If you want to know something about Thailand you can ask me!
I will be in Thailand this January. I will go to Koh Chang and do some spearfishing there. Koh Chang is the only place I know in Thailand, never had much time to explore the rest of the country, perhaps not the best place but I simply don't know any better. Taxi ride from Bangkok airport all the way to Koh Chang costs just over 100$, including ferry ride. Waters around Koh Chang are national park and regulations about spearfishing are not completely clear, I was not able to get a straight answers from anyone. Although locals fish everywhere, and you can charter a fish boat reasonably cheap.
Regulations about spearfishing are not completely clear everywhere in Thailand

mike, where would you go, what would be your place for snorkeling and spearfishing in Thailand? I am struggling between choices. Phuket and area around it, Koh Tao, Chantaburi, Koh Kood. I know nothing about these areas. I am planning my next trip, you can PM me with better options, like particular places and even hotels you liked, boats I can rent etc.

I`m going to koh lipe from february 2019. But I`m stronly advise not going to koh lipe alone. You must to know ropes.
Also you can try Koh mook - rubber tree bungalows. Owner mister Ot very good spearfishermen
Very good place Koh Kradan but only in one place - ao niang beach resort. But don`t take any other hotel you can` t spearfishing from them
https://www.airbnb.ru/rooms/22663536

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT