• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Thanks

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

BlueIcarus

New-born freediver
Aug 1, 2003
I just wanted to express all my gratitude
and thank all the people in this forum for being as you are. Open-minded, curious, not minding to share your knowledge and (in my opinion) spiritually advanced people (I'm not talking about the Bible people, you know ;). Talking about people who understand what "feeling one with the Universe" means).
I feel very comfortable here. And have met real nice people in real life. I don't feel an eccentric (SP?) anymore b/c I have always in my mind that there is this forum where people talk about yoga, freedom, drugs, the sea, music, meditation, the East and so on... And this makes me feel at home. I also have the feeling of being on the edge here. W/o that feeling I cannot be happy
So, I guess half the thanks goes for the people putting up this forum and the other half for the people spending their time here.

Thanks and long and happy lifes to all!!

And I would like to say that freedivers are the nicest people I have ever met.

Thanks to everyone!

I hope to arrive in Spain in a few days, maybe you feel like diving with me, Mike and Adrian at Adrian's place?

I'm also very happy about this forum, were so many practice patience and try to understand eachother. The number of openminded minds here is mindbogling :D

A friend of mine has said that he has done many sports but didn't find the same amount of outgoing, open and friendly people elsewere.

I'll hope the flower-power atmosphere stays!

Thanks from my heart to ya all!

Kars.

Reactions: Adrian
Kars I have eaten all my holidays already like a hungry beast! :)
Costa Brava is 8 hours by car from my place, Madrid.. so for a weekend is too far. I would really like to go and see your 40 meter experiment :D

In fact, I was there 15 days ago, for full 10 days spent freediving with Adrian and another German friend. We shared some adventures and made really funny photos we are going to post! You'll really like the place and the people. I hope you have at least 15 meter visibility

At your arrival share your time spent there :)

Cheers!!

I agree about everything else except the drugs. I consider my self to be pretty open minded about drugs, but every time I read a thread about "special apnea" or how extacy makes diving more fun I can't help but feel a bit worried. Why would anyone try to mix the two? To me, the whole idea of freediving is to be as "free" as possible, not to have your mind and body chained and altered by some funky chemical. Not to mention that it's just plain dangerous.

On the other hand, it is always good that these things are discussed. Bad things don't dissapper if we just look the other way. The best thing to do is to face them and see what you can do about it (that is to say in this case: talk about it in a reasonable manner without demonizing it)

Leave the N20 tanks for the scuba folk, ok? :)

Last edited:
To far fo a weekend? that's a pitty. Indeed 8 hours is a loooong drive :( isn't there any cheap airline betwene the places? I quess ther isn't one.
Was it Hartmut? He's also my dear German friend :)

About the drugs, I don't need them. My body produces enough.
it's bad if you want a long life, and thanks to drugs one may raise the bar for an happy feeling so high that it is no longer reacheble through normal situations. Overloading senses kills the senses.
I like freediving because it learns me how to feel, therefor I feel much more then before.

A N2 narcosis is hefty enough to cope with.

Ciao!

Kars.

Never thought about opening a thread on the subject but indeed I also like the Open-minded attitude of the forum members and the free sharing of knowledge, thoughts and ideas on deeperblue.

Special thanks in this respect also go to the forum mentors who keep this an informative, nice, friendly and open minded forum without foul language and other things I can do without.

Great you all are out here on deeperblue. :inlove

Reactions: Erik
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT