• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

thanx everybody

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

immerlustig

BlueSkunk
Aug 17, 2002
a big thanx to everybody on this forum especially those of you who spend countless hours answering questions of beginners like myself.

i really appreciate having the opportunity of communicating with freedivers all over the world.

i was introduced to this site by erik young, so a big `thanx buddy` to you.

i also would like to share my yesterdays pb of 5:40 static with you.

(i don´t want to share my yesterdays 16 m cw cause it was f***ing cold and pitchblack dark and i had no rope or reference and was afraid to bump into something. chickenshit :D )

have some groovy dives wherever you are

roland

:cool:

Hey Roland, glad to see your getting as much out of this site as possible....there is a lot of good info, and there are a lot of good people here too.
Personally, I find that I am missing the 16C water:(
By the way, I bought a pair of CONVERSE shoes with flames on them last weekend ;) , to go with your shades
Take care Siddikhi,
Erik Y.

Hola Amigos!

I was freediving too this weekend, doing a personal best in cw
21 m, now I know I can go deeper but the lake isn`t deeper.

Roland I see you're also from austria, where do you dive, I was Neufeldersee this weekend, cause it isn't far away from vienna.
I'm a little bit jalous of your static time, 5:40 very good, I'm still at 4:40.
How long do you freedive?

hi mad max

i´ll be in NÖ the next 6 weeks. götzendorf to be exact.

i definitely would like to go to nefeldersee and do some dives. if you want to hook up my email adress is : immerlustig@yahoo.com

would be cool to have a buddy.

i got time on weekends and after work, around 5 p.m.

congratulations to your 21 m dive. i bet it´s f***ing freezing down there.

hope to hear from you

roland

:cool:

p.s. i started freediving last autumn, but had some big breaks in between.

hello erik

how can anyone miss 16 degree water ??? you are mad ;) .

after your stories about the pacifik and ridiculous temperatures i of course had to go for it myself. but now i realise that it´s no piece of cake at all.

i give myself another month or 2 of that and then it´s back to dahab and after that possibly to somewhere in your neighborhood.

keep me informed about diving in indonesia if you find out something.

way to go also with them flaming converse...smoking, baby !!:cool:

my regards to lovely juanita

enjoy your days, buddy

roland

:cool: (cause of my flaming shade!)

Hey Rolando.....
we're planning on doing a weekend trip to the Thousand Islands just north of here this weekend, and I will write about it for sure.
I've been too busy with work and settling here to hit the beach, but that will change ;) Neeka and I intend to go to North Sulawesi possibly in October, then Lombok and Bali in January....plus, once my hiking boots and mountain tent get flown here from Bahrain, we'll start doing some volcano climbs!!
Iyadiver lives here, and he has promised to take me out diving, but my wife says I can't hit the bars full of women.
Safe diving amigo....may your balls retreat as you descend into the frigid lakes of Austria ;)
Erik Y.

Waitaminute!!! You just started working and already you're complaining about working too much??!

Hola Juanita, hows the health?

sven

Hey Erik,

I have good news for you. I dove at two jack on sat and lake minewanka on sunday. There is no way it was 16 degrees. We estimated the surface temp was probably about 8 degrees and the thermocline at 50 feet was 2 degrees.

On the upside when the lakes freeze over we dont anticipate the water will be any colder after we cut through the ice!!!

Hope your loving it in paradise, when your ready to return to the land of ice and snow give me a yell!!!

The turtle retreats

Hey James, glad to hear you're getting in the water up there....despite the shrinkage ;)
What suit are you using?
Cheers,
Erik Y.

When does the turtle come back?

Its been three days does the shrinkage ever go away? :confused:

I'm using a 3.5mm shorty underneath a 3.5mm full wetsuit.

However, happy days, I just had an order confirmation from the db store that my 6.5mm cressi supercomp is enroute!

Unfortunately it likely wont be here for saturday. I've roped a couple of my friends to come out for a refreshing dip in the cool mountain lake :) . At least I'll be suffering with them...

TTUL

Reactions: Erik
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT