• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The 2005 DeeperBlue.net Community Awards - THE WINNERS!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Stephan Whelan

Papa Smurf
Staff member
Admin
Jan 7, 1999
Well - after all the nominations were collected, voting started. After the polls closed we totalled up the final vote tally and here are the final results:
All winners are being notified shortly of their prizes. Alison is being awarded her prize posthumously and we are donating the value of her prize to the British Red Cross.

A big THANK YOU to all who nominated, and then voted!

An even BIGGER THANK YOU to our sponsors:
  • Eliossub
    providing a 5mm Smoothskin / Open cell Neoprene Heiwa Wetsuit
  • Spearo
    providing a Venom Carbon 90cm Speargun
  • Leaderfins
  • providing a Flyer Monofin and Classic Stereo Fins
  • Seven Tenths
  • providing 2 x £25 GBP Gift Certificates
  • Liquivision
    $150 USD Certificate against a F1 Dive Assistant
In addition we are providing the following prizes:
  • Weekend at the S.E.T.T. 30m Dive Tank with Accomodation (no flights though!)
  • Gift Certificates for the DeeperBlue.net Shop (in 50 Euro, 100 Euro and 250 Euro increments)
  • Copies of Umberto Pelizzari's "Manual of FreeDiving"
  • DeeperBlue.net T-Shirt and goodies

Congratulations all of you! Well deserved and a fun contest. :)

Reactions: naiad
Hey, congratulations to all winners :)
I know someone is smiling from above!

Well done all :friday
So now we have a King and Queen, as you're both free divers, should that be your Highness's or your Lowness's?
Nice call with Ali's prize :)

Thanks to all :eek: Alison deserves all the prizes I think as she brought us loads of joy, laughter, information, she did lots of work behind the scenes to keep members happy and keep up the community spirit. She started some brillliant threads and even during her tough recovery she out there making us all laugh.

Thanks for all your support everyone - it's been a good laugh and a terrible terrible addiction. :eek:

Sara :D

Stephan Whelan said:
Well - after all the nominations were collected, voting started. After the polls closed we totalled up the final vote tally and here are the final results:
All winners are being notified shortly of their prizes. Alison is being awarded her prize posthumously and we are donating the value of her prize to the British Red Cross.

A big THANK YOU to all who nominated, and then voted!

An even BIGGER THANK YOU to our sponsors:
  • Eliossub
    providing a 5mm Smoothskin / Open cell Neoprene Heiwa Wetsuit
  • Spearo
    providing a Venom Carbon 90cm Speargun
  • Leaderfins
  • providing a Flyer Monofin and Classic Stereo Fins
  • Seven Tenths
  • providing 2 x £25 GBP Gift Certificates
  • Liquivision
    $150 USD Certificate against a F1 Dive Assistant
In addition we are providing the following prizes:
  • Weekend at the S.E.T.T. 30m Dive Tank with Accomodation (no flights though!)
  • Gift Certificates for the DeeperBlue.net Shop (in 50 Euro, 100 Euro and 250 Euro increments)
  • Copies of Umberto Pelizzari's "Manual of FreeDiving"
  • DeeperBlue.net T-Shirt and goodies

Congratulations to all the winners :friday, and the members for having such winners. ;)
I want to thank all who voted, I feel honoured. I think there are many who could've won as this forum consists of a lot of rare and wonderful people that I feel privileged to know.

Most of all I wanna thank Stephan!! who has changed so many people's lives with deeperblue. This place feels like a virtual home for many of us. Freediving is one of my greater passions, a thing I am certain I will practice for as long as I am able to. I have no idea how my freediving would've looked like without this place, I don't even know if I would've been freediving.
Stephan, you're my hero!! :inlove

:thankyou

congrats to all, especially to DeepThought: i often discussed with him and found a real "community spirit", by which i mean a friendly spirit also when we have different ideas about things. I joined DB just to learn and to open my mind, now i stay in because i'm loving it..

ditto to all the above! and congrates to all!
Smurf your one upright dude in my book. You guys are what makes this place.

jim

I'm starting to sniffle again, but congrats to all, now and forever.

One old mushball,

Congratulations to all for well earned Titles, prizes are a bonus, its the fact you were voted that makes it special.

again congratulations and keep this forum what it is.

congratulations to all!:friday

very nice to meet members like you, who make this forum so special.

cool - thanks guys and great idea for Alison's prize Stephan. Nice to be amongst such great company

(please can I be Your Deepness? and does this mean I have to cop off with Shadowkiller?)

A BIG thankyou to everyone, including all the London freedivers who have helped me with my training. Without the help of DB members and the people I train with, I could never have improved.

Congratulations to all! :thankyou

Lucia

Reactions: oferdegi
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT