• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The 2005 DeeperBlue.net Community Awards

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
jojo said:
ooh this is fun, some more suggestions..............

1) Most over inflated ego of the year award (male)
2) Flirt of the year award (male and female)
3) Most B******S piece of advice given to a newbie award
4) Person who dug up and re-animated the most old, boring threads we never wanted to see again award
5) Most thinly veiled personal attacks on other members award
6) Most unnecessarily aggressive replies to a thread award

anyone want to open the nominations?
I would have nominate myself for #4 :eek:,...& on multiple counts :duh (Alison would probably second that...& no doubt others. Sorry guys, I was new, what can I say! :))

(Quite possibly eligible for #3 too ... the phrase "the blind leading the blind" comes to mind!:D).

re. the push for votes: patience, we need to get it right!:) I can think of several folk for "most helpful" -- but fitting folk to categories like King & Queen is hard when you don't necessarily know members' genders (e.g. esp. when female members contribute to the discussion of "duck bills"/pissettes [don't even ask!]rofl).

LOL you should have seen my first posts rofl I got into so much trouble :( Instant - 50 karma (rep as its now called)

Mr. X said:
re. the push for votes: patience, we need to get it right!:) I can think of several folk for "most helpful" -- but fitting folk to categories like King & Queen is hard when you don't necessarily know members' genders (e.g. esp. when female members contribute to the discussion of "duck bills"/pissettes [don't even ask!]rofl).

you can check us all out [ame=http://forums.deeperblue.net/showthread.php?t=53537]here[/ame] ;)

island_sands said:
you can check us all out here ;)
Good looking people intimidate me (especially if they can outdrink me)...I am afraid I won't be posting an image, being a an international man of mystery ...think of an Amish Joseph Merrick.;)

island_sands said:
elephant man with a horse and cart? rofl rofl
:hmm You say that like it's a bad thing. :waterwork :naughty

"I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it. "
- Joe ("The Man with no name" :duh rofl ), A Fist Full of Dollars :cool:

Last edited:
The voting will start very soon! We are collating the final few results and all polls will be active by Thursday 12th January 2006 at the latest.

Because we are part of the staff, and therefore it would be considered that we have an unfair advantage over the others by being "insiders".

oh, well how do you know if someone is staff? some sites specificaly state "administrator" "moderator" and "regular". i dont see any such thing in DB

Well - the time has come! Nominations have been gathered. Numbers crunched. All for the final set of nominations in each category.

You need to go and vote for you winners now! Head over to the threads below an cast your votes. The person or thread that collects the most votes is the winner (simple isn't it!)

We will be on the lookout for cheating on these polls so don't even bother.

Voting will close at midnight on 31st January 2006. VOTE NOW!!
Details of the prizes for each category will be issues once voting has closed so as not to influence the voting!

Just out of curiosity, does the starter of the best thread win the prize? And if so, doesn't the inclusion of The Chronicles of a blue water hunter break the rules?
Baah! Humbug! Who called me a miserable @#&%$£?

Reactions: island_sands
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT