• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The 2018 Guernsey Specimen Hunt & social

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Ok Kristian, you are no 1 reserve:) there are normally a few who can't make it for unforeseen reasons.
You are welcome to join in any of the other activities.

Reactions: Kristian Allen
Hi Ben, we have already got the max number of divers @20.
I will put you down as no 2 reserve, there is a good chance you will get a place.

Hi Martin, I'm just getting back into my spearfishing and free-diving and having recently activated my account here would love to get involved in 2018 if pos. If its restricted by numbers then not a problem, maybe i could offer my services another way to alleviate the pressure. I still remember the Halloween party you put on for the kids a couple years ago at your house, it blew my mind let alone the kids, my oldest still remembers the Didj's.

Pierre?
We are restricted to the number of spear fishermen in the water but not for social activities or especially for help with the weigh in!

Last edited:
So here is the present situation, we have 20 registered divers for the competition & 5 in reserved 'should a place become available'.
Based on previous years, we normally end up with 15-16 divers on the day so having 5 in reserve should definitely give us a full team of 20 in the water!
In answer to pm enquiries ... please ask any questions on this thread as although I am the main organiser, I welcome any suggestions or help.
However there are reasons for restricting the numbers, mainly safety in the water but also for the catering side as it is already on the limit for me and Sarah planning for 30 folk on the Sunday evening! Also finding good restaurants that can cater for 20+ without paying deposits or paying too much for the food.
However, if we have another five folk who want to join the socials, weigh ins & prize giving or help with filleting fish & setting up the garden... then I will welcome the help.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT