• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The BENEFITS of AIDA

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
For a while now I've been looking at all the mud being slung around and it's clouding the visibility in this beautiful pool we have called DeeperBlue. We don't have a fan club of Eric's here but we do have lots of people appreciative of all the hard work he has done in researching many different areas of the sport in view of improving it, and sharing those results with us. I also get the feeling that he really goes that extra mile in trying to find those fine and subtle elusive points that can differentiate between a good and a superb performance. It's true as Eric Y. says that he has a strong character and manner of expressing himself and that this can sometimes be (mis)interpreted as stepping on someones toes, but I have never ever gotten the feeling that he is manipulative or derisive of the people he is answering, especially in a context of disagreement.

I think Aida should definitely continue - credit should go to all those who have and are making it happen and I do hope they are picking up on all the suggestions for improvement written in these forums. Everything is peacefully negotiable, just don't let our egos get in there ;) There is always room for improvement and we should be happy that someone is pointing out new possibilities.

"See the job, do the job and stay out of the mud"
- Indian proverb.

Adrian

Folks,

Just a friendly reminder to keep all posts civil.

We're an open forum but are moderated. All public posts should be good, clean, fun posts that can stretch and stimulate the mind. If you have a particular problem with a specific person - email or PM them.

I also would like to remind everyone of the forum rules you agreed to when you signed up here: http://forums.deeperblue.net/misc.php?s=&action=faq&page=4#rules

Eric F.

Thank you for replying,

I sincerely apologies for offending you in any way. Open mouth insert foot. ;-)

I have never said that you were selfish and in that statement you imply that I think you are. I am just stating observations.

I do not know you personally nor do you know me. So until we meet in person and sit down for a chat we will probably have to go on assumptions.

I will always be the first one to admit that I am wrong if the fact is proven.

I also believe you have contributed a great deal to the sport of freediving along with AIDA and its reps.

So why don't you try and become an AIDA rep of some sort?

But if I can see how your comments have seemed negative ( with or without the exact word for word thread it came from) then can't you see how someone like Dieter can get upset?

You state that you have competed every year sence 2000, but not on an international level. So unless someone is your close friend or wants to dig into the CAFA results, which maybe I didn't dig deep enough, no one knows this info.

About that static info, not wanting to spend my day searching every thread because I do not remember the name of the post or who wrote it I abandoned my effort. I will search again later to see if I can find it. It was how ever a routine that you used to do a long static which contained negatives that you pushed into sambas as a warm up. Does this ring a bell or did I hallucinate the whole thing.

In reading your posts and the "blue paper" I was under the impression that the LMC rule was your idea. I can not be the only one that sees this. Thanks for the input Tyler.

Rule violation were the wrong words to use, in my haste to finish so my 6 year old would not kill me I was trying to finish the post. It was a protest overturned.

Eric Y.

I understand your defending a friend I would do the same. I will continue to read your posts with the same eagerness as I have in the past.

I also believe it was wrong for Dieter to leave the thread the way he did and as an AIDA official he should explain his position. I was trying to show people how one sided this thread appears. Most not giving AIDA the benifit of the dout. It's thier rules and we have to play by them, for now at least.

DSV

Reactions: Erik
Originally posted by DSV
Eric F.
You state that you have competed every year sence 2000, but not on an international level. So unless someone is your close friend or wants to dig into the CAFA results, which maybe I didn't dig deep enough, no one knows this info.

DSV

Information about all the CAFA results is posted on the website at http://www.freedivecanada.com/comp/index.html choose results and then select the competition of your choice to see Eric's name. He has also been on hand as a safety freediver for both CAFA / AIDA competitions and AIDA record attempts. Most recently, to my knowledge, Tom and Mandy's record attempts last fall. You'll never meet a nicer guy at a competition. He's always pitching in and giving advice to the new guys.

Dieter is no longer in the Aida international board, official for world records nor is he in the Aida Austria board.

Herbert,
why has he suddenly decided to do this? i'm quite surprised by this news. is it just because of recent controversy surrounding various record attempts?

I’m sad to see it come to this, but it is the best outcome for the AIDA and freediving. No matter what people’s view was on his decisions, everyone seemed to agree that his communication in this matter not proper. He was put in a difficult position. I wish Dieter the best in what ever he does.
Sammy

Reactions: donmoore
In the same sentence you mention why I hate you, concerning the time when I trained Herbert, but keeping the secret what the reason is. Again you try to manipulate....

Dieter has never been Herbert's Trainer. On the contrary, he even tried to sell a "special deep equalisation technique" to his team mate at the world team championship in Ibiza. Most probably he wanted to reap the harvest of Eric's mouthfilling technique which Herbert had known by this time anyway ...

Last edited:
Herbert pointed out that it might as well have been a "Special Stretching Technique" Dieter had tried to sell ... all other points of my post he left uncommented and uncorrected ... (except for a typing mistake)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT