• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The Best and the Worse of 2008

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Whopperhead

Wisconsin Speargun Hunter
Mar 2, 2007
What is the Best moment of Spearfishing/Freediving and the Worse for 2008?

I'll Start, For me- My BEST moment would have to be WAZEE WEEKEND. I did alot of diving in 4 days: Decent Vis, decent weather, Night dives, Camping, Did a little Spearfishing. Some of the best moments were out of the water back at camp. I am looking forward to this next years FREEDIVE-A-PALOOZA!

My Worse: Probably diving a lake too early in the year and the vis is crap and if there are fish- I can't see them (this has happened too many times- More than I would like to mention)

Although My best was WAZEE- Spearfishing for PERCH in Lake Michigan comes in a close 2nd- I love diving Lake Michigan. I would like to sometime dive some wrecks and shoot burbot- That would be a blast!

So, What are your Best and Worse?

Last edited:
Reactions: Marwan
First, this is not my idea...I saw this in Bulgarian spearfishing forum..And all posts are very interesting overthere..........anyway...

My best is...that I met you guys..Thank you again to all of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
My best: Being in the ocean. Shooting my first fish.:king

My worst: Putting on my wetsuit. I really hate that. Second to that would be being royally dumped in the most ungraceful fashion a couple of weeks ago and having to be dragged back to shore by my buddy. :girlie

Best thing this year new baby girl my wife had in March worst thing breaking my leg in Febuary walking home in the dark from work took me 2 hours to walk on a broken leg worst thing with diving up till recent gas cost to drive to Lake Geneva best thing about diving less wear on my equipment from lack of diving hope to dive more 2009 Best wishs to all great people I have met thru this forum.

Dont hate, punctuate! :t

MY BEST: Shooting the biggest carp of my life in egg harbor, and having winks be there to help me bring her in! (She dragged the both of us for a couple minutes!)
:D

MY WORST: Losing the game to go to camp Randall for the division one football state championship for the third straight year. And not diving every second i had an opportunity to during the warmer part of the year.
:head

Diving? It's all good. :)

The bad? Having my favorite winter diving spot freeze over solid for the first time in years. :(

Hey Jon I would have thought for you best would be "wearin' me a jet pack." :cool:and worse "Eatin' some carp." :yack.

My best was diving every week and my worse not diving every day.

Actually where I am we've had the worse vis for fourty years this year so lots to hope for and look forward to in 2009, as it can't be worse!

If it's not too corny i'd have to say my grandson and the rest of my family but especially my grandson continue to be the best things in my life.

Happy New year to all you Yanks.

Dave

Reactions: fleshy
My Best had to have been my second dive spearfishing at bear lake, it was so warm, there were so many fish and everything was in high def with 30 foot vis, finding the gem of a river in the plover is a close second

Worst was going back out to bear lake in late fall and the vis was about a foot and was completely opposite of how it was in the spring.

My best of 08 was the freediving course and 2 trips to Florida in one year. Meeting some great people while doing it.

Worst?? I got skunked on fish on my second trip to Florida and up in WI. But if that's the worst that happened...pfft...

My worst day was when I naive enough to actually think I could go spearing in July on Rock Lake. What a waste.

My best day in Wisconsin was when Scott introduced me to spearing perch in L. Michigan. Followed closely by the trip to Pine Lake, where I had a "pide piper" day with the crappies.

But, my overall best day was three weeks ago in Cozumel.

cozumel042.jpg

Ted, you can take that fish and.... :D

(I'm still kind of upset with Ted for not putting me on the fish the day Jon bailed on us early!!)

I put you on fish - it's not my fault you don't like to eat bigmouth buffalo.

Finding panfish in Mendota after turnover is like searching for a dropped contact lens at a glass recycling facility.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT