• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The best fin for dynamic?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Seal

Deepsy
Apr 29, 2003
I was wondering what the best fin for dynamic is?

I have these Carbon blades (don't know the brand) fitted on Omer foot pockets. And they are really fast, but i tend to mono kick when going a long distance.

Should I get a mono for dynamic or stick to the carbons?

In my opinion, a gain in dynamic with monofin takes some time but I belive it is the most efficient way to do it if you have a good technic.

It took 1,5 years for me to equal my old bi-fin PB with my mono.

In CW, my opinion is that you gain faster with a mono than in dynamic.

I can't explain why but that was the case for me!:confused:

1,5 years of practice, wow how did you convince yourself it was possible to beat your old record?

I guess that was with a top of the range mono? I was considering the cheap one from the "Scuba Store"

I guess my brain was saying: "If the finswimmwers choose a monofin before bifins it must be more effective" or something.

Also I'm not as interested in dynamic as I am in CW so when I progressed in CW I trained with the mono in pool also...

I use a SEBAK mono and this is the fin that I used when I did my current pb. Earlier I have used a Waterway but I have stiff ankles so I benefit very much from the angle that the SEBAK has.

Waterway has excellent blades though.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the mono on ScubaStore.

Good luck whatever you choose!

Last edited:
How much did the "Waterway" cost in swedish kr?

And how much was the "Sebak"?

Did you order the "Waterway" by e-mail? I really wan't to get a mono because I allready prefere to mono kick even with the bi-fins, so I think I would like the mono alot.

Thanks for the help by the way.

Take a look at www.nordicapnea.com if you can understand Swedish, there are som info about monofins and especially SEBAK.

The Waterway cost about 1100 Swedish kronor but to that comes delivery costs. I bought my first fin directly from Bogdan.

The SEBAK costs between 2500-3000kr depending on the model. Take a look at www.sebakfins.net.

Thanks!

The waterway is in my price range. However I did some "search" and saw that the finswim coach of Sweden advised to start out monokicking with normal bi-fins before moving to mono.

I understand 97% swedish, så tack så mycket :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT