• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The Best Training Agency?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Who is the best Scuba Training Agency

• PADI

Votes: 41 30.4%
  • CMAS

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • NAUI

Votes: 17 12.6%
  • SSI

Votes: 14 10.4%
  • BSAC

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • TDI

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • IANTD

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other...

Votes: 14 10.4%
  • Training? I've heard of that

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Uhhhh...Scuba? What on earth is that...

Votes: 12 8.9%

• Total voters
of course...I didn't vote on the poll.....
one more heading was necessary: is not the agency who make the differences:)

somme of us are naturally bind to water....the others are not....
in the depth, the fierest enemy is the panic...
there are to many factors involved here
but from my experiences i can tell that the water binded people can learn very fast and don't loose theyr temper under water because they are not afraid from water...

This is what I alluded to in my rant when I said I had been freedive spearfishing for a couple of years before I bought scuba gear. I had been shooting fish bigger than I was, getting towed around, and generally getting comfortable in the environment. So when I put on that tank, jumped off the boat in 30 feet of water and went to the bottom, the main feeling I had was "wow, its really neat that I don't have to go up for air- now where is a fish to spear."

But the majority of beginning scuba divers now have no background in freediving, have no idea whether they will be comfortable in the cold murky ocean environment, and many find that they are not comfortable at all. They are so awed by being underwater that the least little thing causes them to panic.

But of course I know that certification organizations are never going to require an extensive freedive background. It would raise the bar way too high, reduce the number of students buying courses, and result in far less scuba gear sold.

BTW, I know I mentioned spearing on scuba, but please lets not reignite that fire. It was legal where I did it, I was young and stupid, and in my old age I have come back to God and do my spearfishing holding my breath.

when i put the scuba gear on my back i was allready freediving and hunting from about 20 years....in one year i've got 2 licence...OW and ADV.
i dived in various conditions [cave, cold waters, deep waters, wreck and so on]
but nothing is compare to freediving and hunting....i fill like i am somehow free without the scuba gear...
aaa
one more word...
because of the freediving i can manage to get out of the water with 100 bar in my tanks, while the others is on 50-60 bar
because i do my breath one inhalation and i exhale in 4 times [of course...not when ascending:D]
and because of hunting, my mouvement under water are very slow and calculate...

Last edited:
i don't hold my breath in scuba
i just let the air go out slowly in the inner time between 1-2-3-4 parts...
i'm sorry i didn't was explicit...

This is what I alluded to in my rant when I said I had been freedive spearfishing for a couple of years before I bought scuba gear. I had been shooting fish bigger than I was, getting towed around, and generally getting comfortable in the environment. So when I put on that tank, jumped off the boat in 30 feet of water and went to the bottom, the main feeling I had was "wow, its really neat that I don't have to go up for air- now where is a fish to spear."

But the majority of beginning scuba divers now have no background in freediving, have no idea whether they will be comfortable in the cold murky ocean environment, and many find that they are not comfortable at all. They are so awed by being underwater that the least little thing causes them to panic.

But of course I know that certification organizations are never going to require an extensive freedive background. It would raise the bar way too high, reduce the number of students buying courses, and result in far less scuba gear sold.

BTW, I know I mentioned spearing on scuba, but please lets not reignite that fire. It was legal where I did it, I was young and stupid, and in my old age I have come back to God and do my spearfishing holding my breath.

Happy to hear you do it on your lungs mate!!!!:friday

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT