• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The Big Blue DVD

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

island_sands

Erection Supervisor ;)
Supporter
Jan 19, 2001
I can't get it... I can't order it through Amazon.co.uk because it's not in their stock, it's through a subbie and they won't ship overseas...
amazon.com sell it but only in region 1 version...

anyone know of elsewhere i could buy it online and have it shipped to SA?

Its seems that the movie section is only available in scandinavian sites.. if your swedish,norvegian, danish or finnish is any good you'll find it.:duh
Maybe you can send them e-mail and ask about it.

br,

Tuomo

tuomo said:
Its seems that the movie section is only available in scandinavian sites.. if your swedish,norvegian, danish or finnish is any good you'll find it.:duh
Maybe you can send them e-mail and ask about it.

br,

Tuomo

yeah not having much luck... will have to email them and see. thanks for the tip!

If you cant get it from anywhere else, I'll order it to myself and send it to you.
Just pm me if you need help with that.

br,

Tuomo

tuomo said:
If you cant get it from anywhere else, I'll order it to myself and send it to you.
Just pm me if you need help with that.

br,

Tuomo

Cheers! that's very cool..

I watched it last night with a mate -neither of us had seen it for ages and he came out with the theory that we are meant to assume that Mayol's mother (in the film rather than real life) was a mermaid....

never heard that one before!

also - is it true that the US edition has a totally different happy ending? or is that a myth?

S

There are something like 4 different editions:

- Original European Version
- Long Euro Version (this is the one most people see)
- US Version
- US TV Version

The US versions have differnet endings and music - the reasoning that the US distributors felt the US market wouldn't understand the ending.

My opinion on this movie is contrary to most. Personally I think the US version is WAY better than the European director's cut, both in content and in music. Unfortunately the US version is out of production. My friend managed to buy it used (VHS) from a clearance sale at a video store.

However, the LASERDISC (not DVD) of the US version does exist, but it is a collector's item and is almost impossible to find. If anyone can find one, let me know because I'd like to buy it.

I haven't seen the US version (I think), but I have to agree(?) that the Director's cut is...well, how to put it...Boring. It's just drags on for ever and ever.

Usually I'm all for "director's cuts", take for example Besson's exellent Leon, which is a completely different and infinately better movie as the directors cut.

Just my opinnion, not that anyone cares ;)

Last edited:
either way Beeson makes good movies, 5th element & the transporter are solid.

I agree the Long Version tends to drag a bit, and I much prefer the music in the US version. I prefer the dark ending in the Euro version though :(
Erik Y.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT