• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

the famous riding rig

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

rigdvr

Not Available in Stores
May 28, 2002
here it is in all its coon ass glory...one official Helldiver riding rig...

Attachments

• rr1.jpg
    rr1.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 653
The cable starts at the shaft as usual and makes its normal wraps...this one has 3...it attaches via a loop in the cable which slips over the shooting line wrap at the muzzle end. This is where the rope is attached...check it out

Attachments

• rr2.jpg
    rr2.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 554
There is a loop spliced in the back of the rope as well. This is where you hand goes. This is the important part!!! DO NOT JUST LOOP IT AROUND YOUR WRIST! YOU CAN DIE LIKE THAT:naughty Instead, put the loop around your thumb and wrap around the back of your hand back into your palm...a couple of pics...

Attachments

• rr3.jpg
    rr3.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 470
the wrap.

You do this so that if you ever get in trouble you can simply open your hand and the rig will come free. If you put your wrist through the loop you might not be able to get out of it when you smack that 200# warsaw grouper at 200';)

Attachments

• rr4.jpg
    rr4.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 462
the hand with the wrap should be the opposite of your trigger hand. Since my gun is a mid handle, I have the length of the rope to where there is little slack when I am aiming.(rope hand rests on the butt of the gun)

Attachments

• rr5.jpg
    rr5.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 457
When you shoot this rig it is just like a freedivers breakaway. The loop at the muzzle comes free which is attached to the rope, which is attached to your hand. Quickly sling your gun on your shoulder and get ready for why we call this a "riding" rig.

When hunting in the rig the rope can also be used to tie the fish to a rig leg should you get in over your head. Worst case scenario is you lose a tip, shaft, some cable, and a piece of rope but get to keep your gun:D

So simple it hurts...

Attachments

• rr6.jpg
    rr6.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 502
Reactions: mjacobs
simplicity at its best..............amazing.

There is no small bungie used on the shooting line for tension control, is it easy to wrap a wire like that Bozz ?

The best rig riding explanation I have seeen.....thanks Kapiten, sure looks like one of my post.... he he he:eek:

I reckon line tension is helped by the loop of steel cable that slips over the muzzle pin/knob. The mono on my guns has a nice tight loop so that it keeps itself under tension.

Nice, Rig. Thanks for those pics. The descriptions I have read didn't detail how the loop around the hand is managed, which is key.
Mark

the gun is a Daryl Wong MG Special. 57" enclosed track, alexander muzzle, baddass steel slinger:cool:

Rigdvr,
You dont use a clip on your rider? I'll take a picture of one of mine tommorrow and post it.

nah, just never got around to putting one on. Thats an official David duzait rig:)
Ive sold the gun since then...I just dont scuba enough right now to justify it and I needed the cash to pay for the plane ticket to Hawaii to hunt with Daryl this month.

That looks like fun for freediving! :)

A

ps. We got a Jeep for HI, btw.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT