• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The first thing to buy?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

What would be your first piece of bought gear?

• Exposure Suit

Votes: 34 54.0%
  • Regulator / Octopus

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • BCD

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Other (If so, put it in the comments!)

Votes: 9 14.3%

• Total voters
Merhaba Kilinc,

You made a good choice! Mosquito is great, the Striger is prettier with the same function. Maybe I will upgrade when I have more $$...

Where is the best place to dive in Turkey? Tesekkurler..

Hoscakal
Duncan

The best places in Turkey

Hello (Merhaba :) Duncan,

I think the best places are :
Kaþ (most beautiful underwater nature and a plane wreck in 70 mt.)
Bodrum (most beautiful underwater nature, reefs )
Dalyan (wonderful caves, caretta carettas)
Saroz (Çanakkale Turkish Independence War wrecks)

You will really like diving in Turkey.

Görüþürüz. :)

Update on the purchase plan

Well, thinking about all the advice and realizing that I had already bought the first thing (my Mosquito) simply as an act of self-preservation after a so-called "buddy" got narced and decided to go cruising over a wall off of Hawaii (long story - AOWD class - deep dive, me, "buddy" and DM - 120' end of dive, budy goes DOWN over the wall, DM goes after her, sends me up to do safety stop - all OK in the end - they had a 10 min Deco stop:naughty I was still in No Deco, I had 350 lbs air when I broke surface, "buddy" had.... sucked off the DMs Octopus for about 4 of the 10 min deco stop :rcard .... Rental Computers were not readable above surface due to scrathed faces). :ycard

Anyway, after a long time, my new dive buddy and I decided to get Regs and suits and one more computer so we killed all the birds with one BIG fat check..... :mute

Gear is as follows:

ScubaPro Mk 16/S550/R290 (2 sets)
Mares Tropic Air 3mm (We dive in warm water... for now)
UWATEC Aladin Pro Ultra

I also read an article in "Unterwasser" (a German Dive Magazine) who said that Regs were a must because then you always know how well they are maintained and who spit in them last (seriously!), suits were also a good idea because you never know with rentals how they were maintained and whether or not the last renter had a bladder problem or not (DON'T GET STARTED ON THE 'PEEING IN THE SUIT' STUFF AGAIN! PLEASE :yack), and they also recommended a computer......

Anyway, it's off to the Maldives in December! :D

Bret

Last edited:
a mask with snorkel and fins water where i m is warm and at list i could do freedive till the time for the rest

Depends on where you go diving. I go to the keys in the summer and never wear a suit of any kind! Takes care of the peeing issue - and it ensures that I respect the coral. I'd vote for the BCD because getting a comfortable BCD make a bid difference.

a mask... nothing like a rental mask :yack for obvious slimy reasons...

in this order

mask.. snorkel... wetsuit.. computer... boots... fins.... gloves... the rest

based (mainly) on exposing yourself to manky rental gear

OK, you've got me. I assumed that googles and fins would be first. After that it depends on where you go. Re: nude diving - don't knock it till you've tried it.

Roger
PS. I've looking for a dive buddy in the FL Keys for Thurs, Fri and Sat for 4 tank dive, 3 tank dive, and lobster hunting. call 304-268-7883.

Mask/Snorkle/Fins
Exposure Suit
Computer
Regs
BCD (backplate/wings)

in that order

Amphibious said:
Mask/Snorkle/Fins
Exposure Suit
Computer
Regs
BCD (backplate/wings)

in that order

although backplate is not entirely necessary for recreational diving.. if you want to keep your expenses down. i dont use one on my wing and i am really comfortable.

in most cases I find a backplate and wing to be less expensive then a conventional BCD. guess it depends what you;re looking for in a BC

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT