Saturday, December 14, 2019
  • Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 40,000+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 496,000+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,300+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The Guernsey specimen hunt and social 2019

OP
OP
foxfish

foxfish

Silver Smoker
Staff member
Team Leader
Dec 31, 2005
Guernsey, Channel Islands
Well that is it over for this year and an end of an era for us.

What a fantastic time we have all shared in over the last 12 years.
However our decision is made and we will not be organising a competition for next year.

I am already having withdraw symptoms! I have had to stop myself from checking next years tides and planing a speargun design but honestly... along with all the fun, there also goes a lot of frustration and stress for the organisers!

We hope some of you guys can organise something for next year and if needed, we will be around to offer any support we can.

Aug 7, 2018
Guernsey
Hi Mart and Sarah

Just wanted to say a big thank you for letting me be part of the comp and the social. It was a great experience and met a load of like-minded people so great result all in all.

Hope to see you soon!

Du Preez

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: foxfish

Tipticiter

Feb 5, 2007
Thanks again guys, you certainly didn't disappoint despite the weather doing its best to. My hopes for any future event however it adapts it still involves you both in whatever way you will most enjoy. Enjoy the down time.

Stephan Whelan

Papa Smurf
Staff member
Admin
Jan 7, 1999
London, UK
www.deeperblue.com
Well that is it over for this year and an end of an era for us.

What a fantastic time we have all shared in over the last 12 years.
However our decision is made and we will not be organising a competition for next year.

I am already having withdraw symptoms! I have had to stop myself from checking next years tides and planing a speargun design but honestly... along with all the fun, there also goes a lot of frustration and stress for the organisers!

We hope some of you guys can organise something for next year and if needed, we will be around to offer any support we can.
Mart - end of an era, but it's been amazing. You and Sarah have put on amazing events every year. Huge thanks from me helping make it an official event for a few year, and huge thanks from the community for all the time, effort and money you have put in to making each fish-in a highlight on the calendar!

OP
OP
foxfish

foxfish

Silver Smoker
Staff member
Team Leader
Dec 31, 2005
Guernsey, Channel Islands
Well I really hope the guys will continue the tradition, this forum is a great place to organise such an event.
All the inter structure is in place, the rules and the people are all here it just takes someone with enough interest to keep the competition going.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2019 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Spearfishing and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT