• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The Most elusive speargun manual

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

centurionknight

Dec 29, 2009
My dear friends and colleagues,

Greetings I am a scuba diver haunted by the ghost of a missing manual. In 1982 I bought a technisub La Spirotechnique Pulce 40 pneumatic speargun from Richards Aqualung located on 42 St. in New York, from where it happens I hail. I still have the speargun and all its parts. It still works like a charm however I seem to have misplaced That darn technical manual and seeking it is like seeking the Holy Grail. I've actually had dive shop owners laugh in my face for trying to find it. Every Star Wars fan I've come across has tried to mug me for it; it turns out that yaba the bubba fett used it on Hans Skywalker or something(no offense to Star Wars fans)...I come to you, my fellow frogmen and frogwomen, fins in hand, as a last resort, does anyone have a clue, advise, or even a feeling as to where I might find one? You would win a friend and dive buddy for life. I'm desperate, if this doen't work I'm consulting a spiritualist clairvoyant! Thanks in advance and sorry to ramble on...Take Care...Did I mention I was desperate? -David

This is the best I can do Luke Skywalker.:D
Cheers, Don Paul

Attachments

• 450px-Technisub_pulce_40_01.jpg
    450px-Technisub_pulce_40_01.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 284
  • Pulce 40.jpg
    Pulce 40.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 297
The Technisub "Pulce" was also sold as the "Pirate". They came in 40 cm and 60 cm length models, the shorter gun had a holster to strap it to your leg. Main claim to fame is the elliptical aluminium body tank, so the exploded parts diagram posted by Don Paul is not distorted, those body cross sections really are ellipses. The handle frame over the top of the body tube construction was also used in the later "Jeans" and "Grinta" spearguns, but these guns had circular cross section tanks of 30 mm diameter.

It seems a pity that some old pneumatic spearguns get turned into "ray guns" by "Star Wars" enthusiasts, the Nemrod "Galeon" speargun being another "ray gun" parts source.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT