• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The ultimate recipe link

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
The 30,000 Calorie Sandwich

Sandwich filled with ground beef, bacon, corn dogs, ham, pastrami, roast beef, bratwurst, braunschweiger and turkey, topped with fried mushrooms, onion rings, swiss/provolone/cheddar/feta/parmesan cheeses, lettuce and butter on a loaf white bread.

i2dw5nf19jrmyil1XLZB3qVZo1_r1_500.jpg

I reckon this one would just about be big enough for me and Scottwilson to share and not be biting each others fingers off.roflroflroflrofl

Reactions: scottwilson
Excellent choice, Sir Podgers! rofl
But I'd have bet you'd rather be picking the renowned "Porkgasm" as a main course. :duh
..."Bacon strips, bacon sausage, ham sausage, ham slices, smoked pork sausage and roasted pork belly surrounded by ground sausage shaped into a pig, wrapped in bacon and roasted. Garnished with chili ears and tail".

Attachments

• i2dw5nf19kx3215zO37YgggGo1_500.jpg
    i2dw5nf19kx3215zO37YgggGo1_500.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 214
Reactions: agbiv
Excellent choice, Sir Podgers! rofl
But I'd have bet you'd rather be picking the renowned "Porkgasm" as a main course. :duh
..."Bacon strips, bacon sausage, ham sausage, ham slices, smoked pork sausage and roasted pork belly surrounded by ground sausage shaped into a pig, wrapped in bacon and roasted. Garnished with chili ears and tail".

uuuummmmm bring on the Pig :p:p:king

The 30,000 Calorie Sandwich

Sandwich filled with ground beef, bacon, corn dogs, ham, pastrami, roast beef, bratwurst, braunschweiger and turkey, topped with fried mushrooms, onion rings, swiss/provolone/cheddar/feta/parmesan cheeses, lettuce and butter on a loaf white bread.

i2dw5nf19jrmyil1XLZB3qVZo1_r1_500.jpg

I reckon this one would just about be big enough for me and Scottwilson to share and not be biting each others fingers off.roflroflroflrofl

bring it on Podge my Boy BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bring it on Podge my Boy BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott that’ll be 15’000 calories each mate, just about a days worth..:):)
Reckon I could still sort out a packet of Jaffa Cakes after though.roflroflrofl

Remember...what goes in must come out--mind the chilis on that pig!

Reactions: podge
An ultimate recipe doesn’t always have to be calorie rich, it should be health friendly. It’s hard to burn such numbers of calories.

I like it, but I saw one the other day that was a spoof on caviar...was caviar+cod shaped like a fish, try googling it, it's actually pretty good

Reactions: agbiv
add some fried chips on that baby and you have a decent meal right there, wash it down with a couple bottles of red wine and your sorted

That's gross Podge. Reminds me of the "Big Jim" at Pete's Eats climbers' cafe in Llanberis. Named after the late solo (i.e. unroped) climber, "Big Jim" Jewel*, who ordered "full cooked breakfast" and was served with "four cooked breakfasts" instead. When he pointed out the mistake they told him to eat what he could and leave the rest, needless to say, he ate the lot. (He didn't have an ounce of fat on him).

A1000765

133-petes-eats-llanberis.jpg

The Big Jim is/was served on a carving/serving platter and included normal cooked breakfast type foods (bacon, sausages, eggs, baked beans, tomatos, fried bread, etc.) in some quantity plus a few extras including chips & liver:D. I never ate one but two friends did - I think one had an additional bread roll and the other had ice cream afterwards, just to make a point:D

BBC - h2g2 - Pete's Eats, Snowdonia, Wales <- Just goes to show that you can't believe a word the BBC puts out :(

*Saw Jim climbing in Cornwall a couple of times, a month of two before his fall. Nice guy, incredible physique & bold, audacious even.

Last edited:
Mr X, nice to see a picture of Pete's eats again, i have their pint T mug in the kitchen somewhere...
i was sorely dissapointed to see how run-down llanberis was looking when i was there last year - the climbings still good tho i suppose...

An ultimate recipe doesn’t always have to be calorie rich, it should be health friendly. It’s hard to burn such numbers of calories.

Damn straight!! Which is why after eating several delicacies from this menu of the gods I choose to burn massive amounts of calories by watching at LEAST 3 hours of sport on the TV.

Reactions: podge
And they make sure you're hosed off and rolled twice a day to prevent bed sores. :blackeye

Reactions: ReefTroll
Mr X, nice to see a picture of Pete's eats again, i have their pint T mug in the kitchen somewhere...
i was sorely dissapointed to see how run-down llanberis was looking when i was there last year - the climbings still good tho i suppose...
Llanberis was a always a little run down - that's part of the character of many climbing areas (parts of the Peaks and Kentucky spring to mind). Quite a contrast to the new (then) slate quarrying museum, where money was apparently no object. In a way, I am heartened to hear that it is not the site of a glass & steel mall. If things took off, the climbers might not be able to afford to live there any more.

I suppose Humphrey's barn in the pass must have closed down? He was very old when I used to stay occasionally and with modern health & safety laws hard to imagine that it could survive.

I have fond memories of pints of tea in Grindleford cafe' in the Peaks - happy days:

Stoney Middleton cafe was the scene of some humerous encounters too, on rainy days when the old quarried walls offered some sheltered faces:

I suppose the posh, new (then) tea shop above the refurbished climbing shop in Hathersage gets much of the custom these days. Although it was surprisingly quiet back then - the climbers preferred the old places.

Not forgetting Eric Jones's cafe, barn & campsite at Tremadog - another wet weather crag. (Eric was Sean Connery's stunt double, famously filmed soloing the North Face of the Eiger in winter, he crossed Everest with Leo Dickinson's in a balloon -- his job being to jump from the balloon onto the mountain and anchor it in the event of a crash!).

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT