• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The wet and squishy apnea walk

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
naiad said:
Is this a men-only problem? I haven't heard any freediving girls admit to it. Or maybe guys are just more honest...
I have wondered the same thing because my partner is very strong in this department too! In apnea or exams...

I was reading about scuba diving in the uk in dry suits, it seems like divers dypers are the norm, or you can even get some kind of cathiter.

LOL, haha, that's for sure almost happned to me! it's kinda werid though...at least you didn't bang your head or something :p

This may not be an uncommon issue, though I have not encountered it. I just read Pelizzari and Tovaglieri's text on freediving, and they mention that an urge to eliminate can occur, among other psychological and physical sensations, when one achieves relaxation "whether passive or dynamic" (if you have the book, p. 129 - does this characterize what is going on in your experience?). Also, some little kids have "apneic" tantrums and "accidents" are not uncommon in those cases.

Frankly, towards the end of an apnea exercise, I am usually in anything BUT a relaxed state. Maybe that's why I don't have this issue. Still a newbie.... but also F not M.

I guess the point of this post is - if it makes it any less embarrassing, you're apparently not alone... BTW, congratulations (to the original poster) on the pb of 124 yards walking apnea and on your static time!

Cheers to you,

On that topic...

A few years ago in college I had an exam. For some reason I decided to drink a vast quantity of water beforehand. I have no idea why I did it, maybe for health reasons, because someone told me I would do better in the exam, or as an experiment. I would soon regret it deeply.
A few minutes into the exam, I needed to pee. No problem, I thought, I'll just ask the supervisor. I asked, and was told that if I go to the toilet, I wouldn't be allowed back in the exam room, so my paper would be unfinished. I decided to carry on with the exam. It lasted more than 2 hours.
Never have I been so close to wetting myself in public.
Lesson learnt the hard way. rofl
Lucia

This happens, anyone can get in such situation. During exams it always happens that someone feels sick and has to leave examination class and has to hand in paper no matter if you are done or not.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT