• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The Winner Team

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

What will be the Winner Team

• Canada

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Germany

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Greece

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Japan

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Mexico

• Netherlands

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • New Zealand

• United Kingdom

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • United States

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • No team, I think Independent people

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Everyone will be a winner

Votes: 4 10.5%

• Total voters

fpernett

Nov 7, 2001
I think it will be fun to guess what team will take the gold.

I think that static will be the "key" discipline to give points, so my vote has to go to Germany

Is this poll for men or women?

From rumours so far:

Men: UK, Canada, Japan and Germany should fight for top spots
Japan will likely have the deepest CW dives, with Ryuzo and Kaz probably being the deepest. The UK will also have very deep dives. Germany, in theory, should have 70m+ depths, but I'm not sure how they will cope with the conditions, they have very poor sponsorship wetsuits (nylon outside, very loose and baggy), and Hurbert & Tom Sietas are using bifins). However, this German team is the BEST static team ever assembled for any competition in the history of freediving (with pb's around 7'30", 7'35", 9'23")

Women: Canadian women are FAR in front of everyone else, only a DQ will prevent a victory (averaging the training results of the three canadian women gives an average CW depth of 52-53m and an average static time of 5'20+, with Mandy of course bringing up the average)

My predictions, in the absence of DQ's:

Men
1. Germany
2. Japan
3. Canada
4. UK

Women
1. Canada
[rest far behind]

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

My mistake, this is about male teams.

But agree, with you in female teams

Well 2 weeks ago I was predicting Germany, then Venezuela, didn't know they weren't coming.

So now I'll go with
Men's
1. Germany
2. Japan
3. UK

Women's
1. Canada
2. USA
and just to be different....
3. New Zealand

The thing is there are always DQ's in every competition and it often hits one of the top teams. Should look at other factors, how about the judges ?
This year Sébastien Nagel is judging again, he possibly has the highest DQ average of any judge. In Cyprus 2003 I heard quite a few people were getting DQ'd for really stupid stuff. So I suspect the judging will be very tough at this competition.

Cheers,
Wal

To Eric:
Not sure about Canadian women being THAT far away from the rest.
Japanese women did average 51m cw at Cyprus (not in training sessions but during the comp) and are ralso ather strong in the statics with Megumi und Junko being able to go past 5 minutes.

Hans from Switzerland

Do not underestimate the UK Boys! my money is on them for a podium position...

Girls? will update tomorrow! need to check out the opposition a little better

Sam
UK Team Captain/Coach

This might be a stupid question.
But what about the french teams?
I have not heard anythink about them !
Anyway I know more the UK team, so I hope you will do well

hi

I voted for the mens canadian team however that was assuming Eric was on the team ??.

If not Germany will win :)

cheers

As you can read on www.aidaworlds2004.com France does not participate, as well as many other countries.
In all Only 9! countries participate! :(

From I've heard it is mostly because of finacial reasons.
And the climate and the waters may also help, I would choose Cyprus easily over Cananda.

For the resuld, I go for Alun's 4:

1. Japan
2. Germany
3. UK
4. Canada

Cheers,
Kars.

Thanks Remi! The UK boys are going to be right up there and the girls too.

looking forward to showing the world just what a couple of little quarries in Wales can produce!

Sam

got bored this afternoon and added up the inscription depths....
if everyone makes their dive, this is how they will rank:

Men:
1. Japan 205
2. Germany 198
3. UK 183
4. Greece 172
5. Canada 166
6. Netherlands 130
7. NZ 126
8. US 121
9. Mexico 109

Women

1. Canada 155
2. Japan 139
3. UK 127
3. US 127
5. NZ 123
6. Germany 118
7. Netherlands 21 (1 person "team"!)

Correcting some arithmetic errors, the UK men add to 181 and Mexico to 108.

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

oops... should have jotted the figures down more carefully! :eek:

i was surprised to see how much the Greeks are doing considering that they're not used to the conditions!

Alun,

a portion of the DB team are sharing with the Greeks and can tell you that they are quite excited about the competition and seem to be quietly confident of their performances, even though they are unlikely to win.

Well, It looks like my prediction was right.
If no one get DQ, the Germans are the winner team. If no one miss it, they are unbeatable in static apnea.

Congratulations too for the British team, they made it superb.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT