• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The worlds best monofin!!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Peter P

Sep 4, 2003
...it is not here yet, but the idea for it is hidden deep inside my head.

I´ve always been a very big fan of WaterWay, but something has always been missing to make it unique.
A very good friend of mine (guess who :) ) and I, have been talking about the construction, materials and so on and even presented it to WaterWay, but we have never been credited for it, and the idea has never been understood 100%. -And to bad for you WaterWay, because now I (we) invite manufactures of monofins to work with us on this fin, wich will perfect!

Please contact me: peterp@webspeed.dk

Best regards...

Peter P

Hi

I am still working on the perfect mono after 2,5 years of slow development and big money spent....

Laminar and I were also working on a 'mega' monofin, but we put the project on hold, and decided to work on the F1 because we thought it would sell more.... maybe eventually we will get back to the mega-mono.

Good luck with your projects all of you!

It is people like you that braught progress to the world (not that progress is always good but in your case it is!)

Said

Here is a taste of my development. (I try to attach an image...)

Forgot to mention, since I started using my own monos my dynamic apnea results have increased with 21m and my CW with 13m. It's probably not only the fin that makes the difference but it's better than any fin I tried and I treid many. :)

Attachments

• fin.jpg
    fin.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Looks slick. :) Carbonfiber I presume (from the looks)?
What are those footpockets?
How do you consider it's stiffness? (compared to WW blades for example).
What makes it different? :)

DeepThought:

The differences is:
-Foot position
-Stiffness of the blade (the right stiffness along the blade, bending line)
-Very low weight
-The lamination of the different carbon layers in the blade makes it very very "snappy"

This footpocket is new and so far I have used earlier prototypes and standard pockets on my blades.

The bending line is something near WW but it may be softer. I use very very tight pockets and taht makes a HUGE difference in the fins behavior. A normally soft blade can feel hard if the foot is fixed.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeepThought
Hello .... those carbon ones are amazingly beautifull ... ohoh ...
I like those pockets too ....
Is there any chance of getting some of your monos? Like... older not so good prototype :) hehe :)
And ... one question for you monofin redesign masters .... what is currently the best solution if I want to dive with mono in open water ... cold water ... and need to stay for say one hour session? using some neoprene socks is must .... the water is very cold here .. 6 C down there

Thank you all :)
and ... keep it up ... i cant wait to be able to buy the ultimate freediving monofin ....I was always thinking that swimimng and FD needs for a mono will be different.

C ya ...

hi all,

for those on a quest for the perfect mono fin: peter p. was just recently trying out a new fin design. it's a small company he came up with who makes them and he was full of praise for the thing. if peter says so i suppose it's something worth having a look at. maybe he will post some details on it.

cheers,

roland

Oh ... thank you for the info ...
is there any chance how to contact him or his small company?
Peter ... please ... show us :)
I have to resolve this monofin buying problem quite soon, but id love to have something really suitable for us freedivers, blade and footpocket-wise. So please if there is any possibility to get some wicked stuff at reasonable price, please please let me know.
Pavel

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT