• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The world's first dedicated freediving podcast...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Moben

Nov 13, 2016
Hello fellow divers!

I am planning on starting up the world's first dedicated freediving podcast in autumn of this year.
The podcast will be long-form interviews (1 - 2 hours) with freedivers of all shapes and sizes from around the world.
I would like to know from you guys, what questions would you like answered? I'm compiling a list of 10 questions I will ask our guests on each episode.

For example....How did you increase your breath hold? Where are your favourite dive sites? What's your scariest freediving experience? etc etc

With your help I'll build a list of questions most people are happy with.

So what questions do you want answered? Let me know.

Reactions: xristos
It would be cool to take a moment to discuss the science and physiology side of things. The neurological adaptations of how we learn new skills in diving, the anatomy of finning and so on. Having an expert drop in to discuss this sort of stuff could be really cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For sure. I'm sure if the guest is knowledgeable about those subjects we'll dive deep into them!

Oh man I can't wait for this!! I'll be looking forward to it. One thing I would like to know is any challenged the guests encountered while beginning their freediving journey and what steps they took to overcome those challenges.

Ok guys, thanks are moving quickly with the podcast. I have some amazing guests lined up for the first episodes.

The podcast will be called The Freedive Café and can be found at freedivecafe.com.

So what questions do you want to ask the likes of Adam Stern, Alessia Zecchini, Daan Verhoeven etc.....???

great stuff moben.. there is one podcast that is running which I just started listening to for spearfishing ...some interesting topics you could benchmark from maybe ... its called the spear
All the best ... will subscribe to it once it starts [emoji846]

Reactions: vuka.458
great stuff moben.. there is one podcast that is running which I just started listening to for spearfishing ...some interesting topics you could benchmark from maybe ... its called the spear
All the best ... will subscribe to it once it starts [emoji846]

Thank you, I will check it out. I don't want the podcast to have anything to do with spear fishing but I'm sure there are a lot of cross-over topics I can get ideas from!

I did search podcasts about freediving how ever ı didnt find anything.
Thats a great idea.
Questions like common beginner mistakes would be good.
But ı would like to know what was his or her first freediving experience or how did he start?

And a lot of progressive physiology Info through out podcasts

I did search podcasts about freediving how ever ı didnt find anything.
Thats a great idea.
Questions like common beginner mistakes would be good.
But ı would like to know what was his or her first freediving experience or how did he start?

And a lot of progressive physiology Info through out podcasts

Thanks! The podcast is moving quickly into reality. I have enough guests signed up now for a year of episodes, at least. :)

And are we still looking at autumn to be the launch date? Has there timetable (hopefully) been sped up at well?
Yes! The whole project is coming together nicely, I'll be recording the first interviews this week coming and hopefully I'll launch in mid-July with at least 3 interviews on launch day. Woopwoop !

Hey Moben! I'm really enjoying the episodes. I really like the personal stories - my only worry is that the physiological stuff might get repetitive if every expert weighs in on it after a while? Overall am loving it so far!

Hey Moben! I'm really enjoying the episodes. I really like the personal stories - my only worry is that the physiological stuff might get repetitive if every expert weighs in on it after a while? Overall am loving it so far!

I am loving the podcast! Repetitive would only be the case if they address the same subjects in the same way. There are so many aspects about freediving that there is plenty to explore especially in the physiological field. There are many perspectives and 'schools '. Besides it is such a young sport that there are many aspects that can be explored much deeper than what we know today.
I can see what you mean but it doesn't have to be that way.

Sent from the abyss

I am loving the podcast! Repetitive would only be the case if they address the same subjects in the same way. There are so many aspects about freediving that there is plenty to explore especially in the physiological field. There are many perspectives and 'schools '. Besides it is such a young sport that there are many aspects that can be explored much deeper than what we know today.
I can see what you mean but it doesn't have to be that way.

Sent from the abyss

True!

Does it have to be just interview? I'm more interested of a show that keeps up with freediving communities. There are too many freediving groups these days and it's impossible to keep up. Here, freediving group in fb, aida international group, cmas Italian discussion board, local club forums, reddit and many more. Once in a while there are silly/interesting topics show up. Now for example, backpackinging with speargun around eu, diving with menstruation, somebody just custom made one legged monofin for amputee, some competition announcements, some top freedivers giving classes somewhere, some crowdfund freediving products.

It'd be nice to hear someone summarize it on weekly basis

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT