• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Thin Floatline?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
its 3mm or may be four, 80c/meter is too much, i paid less than 10 dollars for 30 meters, i also have spare few meter of it, if you like i can send you a sample of it;)

murat, i should have been more specific with the price. 80 south african cents. that puts the pice up to about R2/m which is about 0.25 euros/m. dont stress about the samples, but thanks for the offer.

the 2mm dyneema lite wasnt that strong, 87kg, with the 4mm rope taking 150kg. the 2mm nylon took 80kg! all the failures were at the knot, so its not real tensile strength, but then we all use knots anyway.
next question is, is 87kg strong enough?

Hi Griff,

Dynema as far as I know can't be coloured. It is only available in white. Any colour is another fibre, hence the low break strain. 2mm Dynema is around 260 kg break strain but does weaken at knots.

Rob.

The dynema (core) must be splice to obtain full strength, knots are no good.

We use a red polyurethane compound to protect the lines (the ones with out a cover) we use on boats. Once apply the line have more cohesion and the color change to red/white. The fiber last better, is easier to work with and the product add some UV protection. I will try to get the name of tit and where he can be found.

Thanks Rob, I'm one of those NZ you replace a barrel... Thanks for that: the new one seems perfect (try to -20m).

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT